Home

SCHEDULE=11

This is a discussion on SCHEDULE=11 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2012, 01:22 AM   #41
Rookie

teammaxwell's Arena

OVR: 10
Teams only scheduling 11 games

I did a quick search and didn't see this posted, if it has been discussed please close and point me in the right direction.

I am in year 2 and I have noticed, in particular SEC and BIG 10 schools, have only scheduled 11 games... 3 non conference and 8 regular season. Is this a bug/glitch? anyone else having this problem?

thanks

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2012, 02:06 AM   #42
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Teams only scheduling 11 games

Just out of curiosity, are you using any custom conferences or custom scheduling for your user controlled teams?

My OD had this a few times last year after we changed the schedule around so we could play more user v user non-conference games, it got to the end of the year and we noticed a lot of the CPU teams we had taken off our schedule only had 11 games. The CPU just never scheduled them a 12th game to replace the one taken off.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:29 PM   #43
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

This is just as inexcusable as if Madden had 14 or 15 game schedules for each season. There is no way this should be happening and is a real problem that needs to be corrected.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 08-03-2012, 09:55 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: SCHEDULE=11

I wonder if any updates/tuners will fix this problem???
Old 08-03-2012, 10:36 PM   #45
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
This is just as inexcusable as if Madden had 14 or 15 game schedules for each season.
It's not, really. It's quite different. To screw up the NFL schedule in a video game is like forgetting to put in free throws in an NBA game. The NFL schedule is idiot proof. It goes in a rotation that basically stays the same every 8 years for each division. I can tell you right now 14 of the 16 games the Chiefs will play in 2017 and who they might fill in the other 2 games with. I can't do that with K-State, especially now with everyone changing conferences like musical chairs.

The scheduling logic is most likely quite different from the NCAA team to the Madden team. There's an issue there for sure because to have 11 games for a team isn't right, but to compare it to the scheduling for Madden isn't correct.

Here's my "off the top of my head" fix: The NCAA team needs to set up a rotation for every single team in the game for a decade into the future that starts back at "year 1" in Dynasty year 11. They also need backup schools, who are on BYE in their previously mentioned schedule rotation, for each week in the season to fill the slots taken by USERS who change their schedules. Or, force the USER to edit scheduling issues brought about by changing their own schedule. Such as "You don't want to play Utah State, but want FSU in their spot? Ok, then adjust Norfolk State's schedule with one of these BYE-week teams because they were playing FSU that week. THEN fix Utah State's with another BYE-week school." Or they just need to add like 20 FCS fake schools that are there just to fill in scheduling issues.

Last edited by BA2929; 08-03-2012 at 10:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2012, 03:00 PM   #46
Rookie

fancyketchup's Arena

11 Game Schedule?

Has anyone experienced teams only scheduling 11 game schedules for season 2 and future seasons? I looked through after changing around the conferences after season one and about 30 teams only scheduled 11 game seasons. I thought it might be the custom conferences or changing my own schedule. So I started a new dynasty and simmed to season 2 (no custom conferences or change to user schedule) and checked again and still some teams had 11 game schedules.

Has anyone found out why this happens or how to fix it?
Old 08-05-2012, 11:26 PM   #47
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2
The fix would be ea fixing the code that is not right.. And sending a tuner update.. Hopefully this gets fixed its really annoying.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:00 AM   #48
Rookie

fancyketchup's Arena

Re: 11 Game Schedule?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyketchup
Has anyone experienced teams only scheduling 11 game schedules for season 2 and future seasons? I looked through after changing around the conferences after season one and about 30 teams only scheduled 11 game seasons. I thought it might be the custom conferences or changing my own schedule. So I started a new dynasty and simmed to season 2 (no custom conferences or change to user schedule) and checked again and still some teams had 11 game schedules.

Has anyone found out why this happens or how to fix it?
I started testing and after simming two seasons and not changing schedules or conferences, still some teams in season 2 played only 11 game schedules. So it happens no matter if we edit stuff or not.

After testing this for a work around, I have found that conferences that have 10 or less teams work fine. 12 and 14 team conferences are trouble and 16 team conferences do cause the problem but its much less than with other numbers. I didnt change any teams schedule while testing so I think it has to be a problem with the number of teams in a conference. I am still going to do more testing and see if I can find a work around that is better than making all the conferences 10 or less teams. Does anyone know if this is happening also in online dynasty?

Last edited by fancyketchup; 08-06-2012 at 01:21 PM. Reason: added info

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »