Home

NCAA exclusive license done after 2014

This is a discussion on NCAA exclusive license done after 2014 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 06:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NCAA exclusive license done after 2014

And you might be owed cash due to a class action lawsuit. The exclusive license with EA can't be renewed for5 years. I wonder if 2k will give it a go?

http://bit.ly/Pta2BL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2012, 06:13 PM   #2
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA exclusive license done after 2014

I am so confused on this. Does this mean that EA is not going to make an NCAA game for 5 years or they just will not make an NCAA exclusive game for 5 years? I really could care less about anybody else making a game. I just hope to be able to import NCAA rosters into Madden again some year soon.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:17 PM   #3
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

If people take a moment to read the article, the author states EA can sign a non-exclusive license with NCAA.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:34 PM   #4
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

sorry. I admit that I did not read that article because I thought it would be the same as the last two that I read that were not very clear.
Thanks for clearing things up.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:47 PM   #5
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2

I doubt 2k will be on the horizon anytime soon.

Remember their last college football game was College Football 2K3 (which didn't sell too well), three years before EA's first exclusive deal. If 2K would have made 2K4 (based on their new NFL 2K3 engine), the story might be a little different.

In recent years, 2K has pulled out of NHL games and most recently MLB games, the only major sports game they make is the superb NBA 2K series.

College sports (and minor sports) games aren't as popular and profitable as their professional counterparts; case in point: EA canceling college baseball and basketball games and Arena football several years ago

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2012, 06:55 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 13

Who really knows what 2k has in store for football. In the past, 2k's nfl game was better in terms of gameplay. The lines worked, never had these phycic or super linebackers. I would actually enjoy seeing 2k come back.

At Alabama, our players don't win Heisman Trophies. Our teams win National Championships.-Bear Bryant
Old 07-21-2012, 06:59 PM   #7
Rookie

Paulinho's Arena

OVR: 5

Old 07-21-2012, 07:08 PM   #8
Banned

dreezymac's Arena

OVR: 11

Thing that bothers me is after that fifth year, EA once again gains the right to negotiate an exclusive contract. Thats basically how EA got to where they are in the first place - why not just nip that in the bud altogether and dont allow any programmers exclusive rights? The only party that doesnt benefit is the programmer, which is exactly how it should be.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »