Home

Overtime is broken

This is a discussion on Overtime is broken within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 09:26 PM   #25
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Overtime is broken

Or they're bugs that they don't know how to fix.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2012, 09:39 PM   #26
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Well, the EA community manager has posted in the bug/glitch thread about dynasty freezes so they are reading that thread FWIW.
True, but there are SO MANY bugs/glitches posted in there that are either duplicates or just not bugs/glitches at all and that takes up real estate in the thread. There's no way they can surf through 39+ pages and see every single new bug/glitch.

For example, there's a post in there somewhere where the poster is complaining about horrid AI logic. That's not a bug/glitch. That's just wasting space.

Last edited by BA2929; 07-22-2012 at 09:44 PM.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:51 PM   #27
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

I think the mods should update the first post to include all the new bugs/glitches. Start with a table of contents (which just makes me so sad), and then post just the basic bug, then under the pure numbered list, you can put the most concise report in that first post. That way EA community guys only have to read the first post, and in doing so are getting no duplicates, it's 100% up-to-date, and the very best descriptions.

It would be murder to go back and start something like that now, but it's something that if done from Day #1, and kept on top of, really wouldn't be that hard to manage.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:56 PM   #28

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt45
I think the mods should update the first post to include all the new bugs/glitches. Start with a table of contents (which just makes me so sad), and then post just the basic bug, then under the pure numbered list, you can put the most concise report in that first post. That way EA community guys only have to read the first post, and in doing so are getting no duplicates, it's 100% up-to-date, and the very best descriptions.

It would be murder to go back and start something like that now, but it's something that if done from Day #1, and kept on top of, really wouldn't be that hard to manage.
You realize we all have actual full time jobs and life's outside of the forums right?

No it wouldn't be as easy to keep up on as much as you seem to think it would be.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:09 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by thraze
I had it too... 2 times...

This bug was also in ncaa 12.
It was in ncaa 11 too

2K IS A HELLUVA DRUG
Old 07-22-2012, 10:10 PM   #30
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
True, but there are SO MANY bugs/glitches posted in there that are either duplicates or just not bugs/glitches at all and that takes up real estate in the thread. There's no way they can surf through 39+ pages and see every single new bug/glitch.

For example, there's a post in there somewhere where the poster is complaining about horrid AI logic. That's not a bug/glitch. That's just wasting space.
While I agree there are a lot of bugs, If they check it twice a day, I think they at least see all the bugs posted. Doesn't take that long, to copy a link to a bug and forward it in an email to an engineer or dev. IMO.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 07-22-2012, 10:18 PM   #31
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

For the people seeing this last year, what is the situation that is happens? Last year, I saw it twice, both times it was on an interception when the CPU had the first possession of an OT, which should have led to a change of possession and easy game winning FG for me. However, when it was a fumble or any other non-score change of possession (missed FG), it worked just fine.

I don't know if it was an isolated incident where it was just interceptions or if it was just a coincidence that the times I encountered it came on INT's. They really need this to get fixed. I had a game two weeks after I first encountered the glitch where I was within a PAT of tying the game with 8 seconds left and I elected to go for 2 because I was worried it would happen again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2012, 10:43 PM   #32
Rookie

smlmeyer's Arena

OVR: 9

Has anyone super simmed to see if it doesn't mess it up? Cuz I would say a solution, albeit an unsatisfying and stupid one to have to resort to, would be to super sim and just hope for the best. Or if you can play offense and super sim defense or vice versa...something so that you at least have a chance of not being screwed out of a win.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »