Home

Did they do something to the GA tech toss?

This is a discussion on Did they do something to the GA tech toss? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2012, 11:26 AM   #9
Rookie

aspengc8's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Did they do something to the GA tech toss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUM2
Flexbone is not broke.

They didn't tone down toss plays.

This is all a ratings issue. Most players have crazy high play rec, acceleration, pursuit, block shredding.

Adjust ratings and have fun.
Flexbone is not broke? Have you even played with it?

-Midline option blocks DT (incorrect assignment)
-Wingback dive blocking error (FB shoots outside instead of playside A gap)
-Triple option blocks playside DE in random pinched line defenses
- FB dive from wingbone incorrect blocking on playside DT (double teamed lol)

keep going?

We've also experimented user vs user with the toss. Placed the OLB right in the blocking art path of the lead blocking A-back, and he RUNS right PAST him..
Old 07-24-2012, 11:32 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Again, they toned it down from last year. They had to change something about it. That's just what they picked.

They messed up 4verts too, you don't see the air raid guys(like me) sounding the alarm. No, we adapt.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:41 AM   #11
Rookie

MattUM2's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspengc8
Flexbone is not broke? Have you even played with it?

-Midline option blocks DT (incorrect assignment)
-Wingback dive blocking error (FB shoots outside instead of playside A gap)
-Triple option blocks playside DE in random pinched line defenses
- FB dive from wingbone incorrect blocking on playside DT (double teamed lol)

keep going?

We've also experimented user vs user with the toss. Placed the OLB right in the blocking art path of the lead blocking A-back, and he RUNS right PAST him..
Yes I use Flexbone in my dynasty. I've edited team ratings that I play though to fit actual teams.

When every player doesn't have a 80+ play rec, pursuit, block shred or 90+ acceleration. Plays work if you call at the right time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2012, 02:00 PM   #12
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUM2
Yes I use Flexbone in my dynasty. I've edited team ratings that I play though to fit actual teams.

When every player doesn't have a 80+ play rec, pursuit, block shred or 90+ acceleration. Plays work if you call at the right time.
I would like video of this claim if you can provide. My high school ran the flexbone and I have run it on college video games for years up to this point. Even though the blocking assignments are incorrect, you could still manage using it. But in NCAA 13, either the animation is off or the blocking is complete trash and worse than last year, or both. Bottom line, it can't be used unless you are playing on varsity or lower. You can say it's skill all you want, but it's a worthless playbook IMO.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:07 PM   #13
Rookie

aspengc8's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyFiC
Again, they toned it down from last year. They had to change something about it. That's just what they picked.

They messed up 4verts too, you don't see the air raid guys(like me) sounding the alarm. No, we adapt.
4 verts is messed up? It destroys any cover 2 & 3 zones every time, which is suppose to.

So we are suppose to adapt to incorrect blocking on all these flex and wingbone plays? What if every time you ran a dive or ISO, the center and guards ran past the DT and he blew the play up? Adapt and dont run ISO or inside zone? No, the blocking is wrong and should be fixed.

gimme a break..
Old 07-24-2012, 02:14 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspengc8
4 verts is messed up? It destroys any cover 2 & 3 zones every time, which is suppose to.

So we are suppose to adapt to incorrect blocking on all these flex and wingbone plays? What if every time you ran a dive or ISO, the center and guards ran past the DT and he blew the play up? Adapt and dont run ISO or inside zone? No, the blocking is wrong and should be fixed.

gimme a break..
Yeah 4verts is nearly useless against a good defense. go play against Texas and try to run 4verts. Let me know who many picks the safeties get.

OT: I highly doubt its wrong on ALL flex and wing plays. Over all this game is harder to run in.

It could be an issue with sliders?
Old 07-24-2012, 02:22 PM   #15
Rookie

aspengc8's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyFiC
Yeah 4verts is nearly useless against a good defense. go play against Texas and try to run 4verts. Let me know who many picks the safeties get.

OT: I highly doubt its wrong on ALL flex and wing plays. Over all this game is harder to run in.

It could be an issue with sliders?
Lets clear this up right off the bat: Are you running 4 verts vs a cover 2/3 and getting it picked off, or a cover 4 or man scheme?

sliders won't fix the fact that the OL does NOT move on to the second level during triple, or a bunch of other flex/wingbone plays. sliders also wont straight up incorrect AI programming.

There is a awesome discussion on the fail blocking here:
http://www.operationsports.com/ncaa/...page__st__1700
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2012, 02:29 PM   #16
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6

I bet if Bama ran the TO it would be perfect on here. So frustrating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »