Home

Did they do something to the GA tech toss?

This is a discussion on Did they do something to the GA tech toss? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2012, 09:32 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Did they do something to the GA tech toss?

I am not positive but im pretty sure they broke the GA tech toss play. I dont know who else runs that offense, but i noticed that it (along with almost all toss plays really) hardly ever works. It hit me that they changed the trajectory of the toss. IT used to be that the back would get the ball tossed on the perimeter at full speed. Now for some reason EA changed it so that the toss happens basically right in the back field completely neutering the play. I went back and looked at some G tech games to make sure i wasn't he one who had it wrong but im not. If you look at around the 41 sec mark you can see the toss as it used to be in NCAA where the back is tossed the ball at full speed outside of the tackle box.

While watching this video, its also apparent that there are still a lot of plays from the wingbone offense that the game has yet to replicate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2012, 09:40 AM   #2
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Did they do something to the GA tech toss?

I mentioned this in the Impressions thread. But when it failed on me I was playing online against Alabama and really didn't think much about it.

However, it is a very important part of this offense (at least how I run it) that should be addressed. Actually, the whole offense needs to be addressed. The option attack ran better last year (not that it was perfect last year either).

Very frustrating.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:54 AM   #3
Rookie

aspengc8's Arena

OVR: 1

yes, its broke. Its broke in flexbone, as well as wingbone. It's been beaten to death along with the broken option blocking, speed sweeps, wingback dive and midline.

It won't get fixed. We've been mentioning this to EA all during NCAA 12 also. Problems like this happen when game developers don't understand the mechanics of football or just never flat out played other than just throwin the ball around back yard.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:43 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Well considering the toss plays were REALLY over powered last year they prolly just toned them down
Old 07-24-2012, 10:59 AM   #5
Rookie

aspengc8's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyFiC
Well considering the toss plays were REALLY over powered last year they prolly just toned them down
Nope. The A back completely ignores the OLB/Corner and runs downfield.. leaving them to blow it up in the backfield. The toss animation changed too, its almost like a wierd fumble-like hand off. Completely unacceptable, EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2012, 11:12 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyFiC

So in typical EA fashion to fix it they just brok something else?
Old 07-24-2012, 11:14 AM   #7
Rookie

MattUM2's Arena

OVR: 5

Flexbone is not broke.

They didn't tone down toss plays.

This is all a ratings issue. Most players have crazy high play rec, acceleration, pursuit, block shredding.

Adjust ratings and have fun.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:18 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUM2
Flexbone is not broke.

They didn't tone down toss plays.

This is all a ratings issue. Most players have crazy high play rec, acceleration, pursuit, block shredding.

Adjust ratings and have fun.
Im so tired of micro managing this game. Im not going to go into Dynasty mode and adjust ratings every 2 years. Also they definitely changed the trajectory of the toss.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »