Home

Why PC NCAA would be better than console

This is a discussion on Why PC NCAA would be better than console within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2012, 04:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 13
Why PC NCAA would be better than console

With all these system problems over the years, if the game was on PC regular people that know about programming and modifying would be able to do a better job of fixing what's wrong with the game. And people that modify stuff usually do that for free. Take madden 08 for example when they modified stadiums and various other things. I think EA is afraid to release it to PC for these reasons.

At Alabama, our players don't win Heisman Trophies. Our teams win National Championships.-Bear Bryant
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2012, 04:26 PM   #2
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Why PC NCAA would be better than console

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranor
I think EA is afraid to release it to PC for these reasons.
I think its more about sales figures

Old 07-24-2012, 04:44 PM   #3
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
I had madden on the pc and didnt really ever care for it because i was more of a console guy.

With the exclusive license going away it seems like now would be the time for the pc to come into play.

I was thinking about this the other day and all things being equal id make the switch to the pc. Id invest in a gaming pc and huge monitor, and being married i could just retire to a game room and not have to wait for the tv.

I have to say im totally surprised there isnt a game crack or whatever that would allow us to play the game and export files off the disc to a pc.

Possibilities could be endless.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:25 PM   #4
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Why PC NCAA would be better than console

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranor
With all these system problems over the years, if the game was on PC regular people that know about programming and modifying would be able to do a better job of fixing what's wrong with the game. And people that modify stuff usually do that for free. Take madden 08 for example when they modified stadiums and various other things. I think EA is afraid to release it to PC for these reasons.
It took years for people to figure out how to mod stadiums and uniforms in Madden on the PC. The early mods were just editors that allowed the game to be on par with the console version; for instance adding the injury slider that for whatever reason was left out of the PC version.

While I don't doubt a fully moddable version of NCAA (or any game) wouldn't be a welcome addition, EA seems to have taken a negative stance on modding since a lot of their games are notoriously difficult to mod.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:27 PM   #5
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
It took years for people to figure out how to mod stadiums and uniforms in Madden on the PC. The early mods were just editors that allowed the game to be on par with the console version; for instance adding the injury slider that for whatever reason was left out of the PC version.

While I don't doubt a fully moddable version of NCAA (or any game) wouldn't be a welcome addition, EA seems to have taken a negative stance on modding since a lot of their games are notoriously difficult to mod.
I was modding each games since NHL 02. It was actually very easy. Maybe they made NHL easy, but the series was definitely better due to it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »