Home

4-2-5 Defense

This is a discussion on 4-2-5 Defense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2012, 04:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
4-2-5 Defense

What positions are actually on the field after you set your depth chart? 1st and 2nd string SS? What OLB "starter" is not really on the field ever in this defense?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #2
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6
I just set it from formation subs. You'll have two SS on the field. I put my mike and will at LB and my sam at RE as the bandit. Recruiting the bandit position is going to be tough. Im currently looking at hard hitting OLB's and athletes but dont know how it will work out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-24-2012, 04:48 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: 4-2-5 Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelphreak
I just set it from formation subs. You'll have two SS on the field. I put my mike and will at LB and my sam at RE as the bandit. Recruiting the bandit position is going to be tough. Im currently looking at hard hitting OLB's and athletes but dont know how it will work out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
I've never understood that or messed with it enough to figure it out. If you permanently change their position it messes with their ratings. But if you use formation subs it wont??
Old 07-24-2012, 05:40 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by isrussellnyou
I've never understood that or messed with it enough to figure it out. If you permanently change their position it messes with their ratings. But if you use formation subs it wont??
It only does for that specific formation.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:44 PM   #5
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6

As far as your depth chart your 1st and 2nd string safety will be on the field. I believe it's your will(rolb) that's left out but i'm not sure about that.

Formation subs is very easy. You simply put each player in their spot for each formation.

In my 4-2-5 i have an OLB at the RE position playing the bandit role. i blitz alot and will often hot route the bandit into pass coverage. On non-blitz plays i typically control this player.

Formation subs allows me to also still line up in a 4-2-5 but have a corner in for the weakside safety for one of the formations. In the nickel strong formation i have a DE in place of the bandit. Etc, etc, formation subs allow you to specialize for certain situations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2012, 06:03 PM   #6
Rookie

Bandit role? Since it's a 4 man front, don't they do the same thing as traditional DE's do?
Old 07-24-2012, 06:12 PM   #7
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20

The 4-2-5 uses the #2 SS instead of a LOLB. You can, however, use packages to get any 2 LBs on the field. (MLB/ROLB, MLB/LOLB, or LOLB/ROLB)
Old 07-29-2012, 09:58 PM   #8
Rookie

shifty1's Arena

OVR: 1

If you were to sub out the 2nd SS position with a LOLB, for example, will it reduce his skills like it does when you edit their position?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »