Home

Define "Solid playing time"

This is a discussion on Define "Solid playing time" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2012, 10:23 PM   #9
MVP

Ejfalcon9's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Define "Solid playing time"

Thanks guys. I guess i'll just have to list my Freshman FB as starter and my real starter to actually play every down. An annoying workaround ,but hey it's EA.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:12 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Define "Solid playing time"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
They need to replace this with something that is position based because the current solid playing time thing is completely generic. It should be:

For non-skill position players, it should be based on appearances. If you play in 9 of 12, you got pretty good playing time for a freshman.

For skill position players, it should be based on touches. So HB/FB/WR/TE have to reach X number of touches (carries + receptions) in a season to fulfill the promise. Not a high number, just a number that shows a guy played some significant significant time. Even if it is just in mop up time, sometimes that's the best a freshman can ask for.

That or just replace solid playing time with NO REDSHIRT ENTIRE CAREER and use the current NO REDSHIRT promise to replace playing time.
This is magnificent, EA come on this would be great!
Old 07-25-2012, 01:40 AM   #11
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
They need to replace this with something that is position based because the current solid playing time thing is completely generic. It should be:

For non-skill position players, it should be based on appearances. If you play in 9 of 12, you got pretty good playing time for a freshman.

For skill position players, it should be based on touches. So HB/FB/WR/TE have to reach X number of touches (carries + receptions) in a season to fulfill the promise. Not a high number, just a number that shows a guy played some significant significant time. Even if it is just in mop up time, sometimes that's the best a freshman can ask for.
That makes sense. The ground work is already there for it. If a player wants to transfer out, you can promise him action in 3, 6, 9, or 12 games, or a certain number of carries, yards, receptions, etc. They just need to move this system from transfers into recruiting. Bam. Problem solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »