Home

best spread offenses

This is a discussion on best spread offenses within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2012, 11:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
best spread offenses

who has the best pass heavy spread playbook.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2012, 11:57 PM   #2
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: best spread offenses

I like Ole Miss spread playbook for passing. But then again i haven't used any other spread playbooks lol
Old 07-25-2012, 12:01 AM   #3
Rookie

Dylan_RnS's Arena

That is a bit of a unfair question. There is no "best" offense of anything but passing wise it would boil down to either the Air Raid or the Run n Shoot. Both are completely different from either other but both get the job done. For me its the RnS but for alot of my friends it's the Air Raid. Both are excellent systems. I encourage you to try them both out on the game, maybe do some research online into both offenses and stick to the one that peaks your interest.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:28 AM   #4
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Yeah.. The guy above me said it right. But I guess you could look at teams with the best Quarterbacks and just pick those ones. They most likely pass more than they run and so the team should be attuned to that.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:33 AM   #5
Rookie

Wenkinator's Arena

OVR: 4
UCLA is a fun offense. They have a great rb, a fantastic lt, and a great Vick lite on the roster. The receivers are okay... Not outstanding. But they do have an all american tight end.

Run the ball a lot and you can win. The d is rock solid.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2012, 12:43 AM   #6
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

This is a loaded question because the best offensive scheme is the one you understand and can execute best. If you don't know how to run it, you're not going to make anything work, no matter what the playbook.

So find the formations and plays you're comfortable with and then focus on finding a book with those formations/plays in it. Air raid will always be the ideal pass heavy offensive scheme, but if you don't understand air raid concepts, then you'll be lost trying to run it. You can make any playbook pass heavy in this game.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:43 AM   #7
Rookie

Dylan_RnS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
This is a loaded question because the best offensive scheme is the one you understand and can execute best. If you don't know how to run it, you're not going to make anything work, no matter what the playbook.

So find the formations and plays you're comfortable with and then focus on finding a book with those formations/plays in it. Air raid will always be the ideal pass heavy offensive scheme, but if you don't understand air raid concepts, then you'll be lost trying to run it. You can make any playbook pass heavy in this game.
I wouldn't go that far but I am biased to the RnS.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:49 AM   #8
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6

whichever one you understand the most. I do a lot better when I understand concepts that allow me to set up plays.

that being said I use a modified Oregon playbook. I use the run to set up everything else so I don't have a specific suggestion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »