Home

Brainstorming how to eliminate the "CPU Screen Sack"

This is a discussion on Brainstorming how to eliminate the "CPU Screen Sack" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2012, 07:12 PM   #17
Rookie

trrt's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Brainstorming how to eliminate the "CPU Screen Sack"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzdwfy
I just created a thread to adjust all acceleration numbers to be the same as the awareness numbers. Take a look at my write up and let me know what you think
hey did your ACC changes have a noticeable impact on how the CPU screen plays out?
Old 07-25-2012, 08:10 PM   #18
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrt
Well editing out 70% of the Screen plays in the Defensive Playbooks for your CPU opponent seems like it would help that problem. Not sure myself how much work this actually involves but i will find out tonight when i get home!

But you are saying you are getting burned by successful screen plays? You never get sacks when the CPU QB fails to pass the ball EVER while your whole dline converges on him?

What level are you playing on? sliders/speed threshold/etc??
Heisman, default sliders, normal game speed, 40 threshold. I get burned every time. For like 10-20 yards a pop, unless I manually read it as a screen and can get my guy over to make a tackle (and don't get sucked into a block).
Old 07-25-2012, 08:19 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nortobc
Use matt10's heisman sliders.
Does great on screen plays!!
Old 08-04-2012, 02:47 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 6
CPU Screen passing needs to be tuned.

There's a rather large problem I'm having since the tuner came out where the CPU QB reaction time on screens is becoming a huge issue. They're taking sacks for 8-11 yards at least 2 or 3 times per half.. really killing the difficulty in this game. I can't seem to adjust the sliders to properly compensate. I'm playing vs Missouri right now as Kentucky in year 1 and Missouri should be winning or at least pushing the ball downfield. Instead any this is now the 3rd drive in the 1st quarter alone that a botched screeen resulting in a huge sack by my D has resulted in them losing a drive.

This is not a game breaker .. but it's a difficulty/realism killer. If I keep winning games I shouldn't because the CPU can't run a screen pass properly and keeps taking huge losses every other drive why continue to play? Cmon EA ffs. I've been so positive about this game but this is really one thing I can't get around.

Not to rant but to show the accommodations I've had to make to this game to make it playable/difficult enough thus far:

-Edited out all coaches who use the spread or option (CPU can't run an optin play to save it's life)
-Edited all coaches to ease up on their blitzing
-Tuned by rush defence to a 10

I'm tempted to try Heisman but I hate using the max difficulty for EA games because they tend to just make the CPU cheat more instead of actually being smarter. Ugh. This is really annoying the hell out of me. I'm actually considering making a damn playbook for all CPU games with no screen passes, and no option plays. Wtf. Why should that thought even occur to me?

Anyways. Sorry for the semi rant and I apologize if this belongs in impressions but I don't see any threads about this, what I consider a large issue.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:03 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 6

This thread is excellent sorry I didn't see it.

So I think that there would be 2 main fixes. Change scrambling CPU QB's to balance, or, make a custom playbook for scrambling QB teams with no screens. Both options appear to be quite severe
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2012, 05:40 PM   #22
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

i wanted to do the edit coach route however in play now games which i love to play they always load the team with the team name playbook, if i change OU to a pro playbook at the controller select screen it still says OU(multiple) playbook

if i can get the game to accept the update playbook i would create a real spread/multilpe playbook for the cpu

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 08-04-2012, 06:05 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 20

Playing on Heisman hasn't seem to help the issue in the games I have played. I played a game on Heisman against FSU yesterday, and the CPU took 7 screen sacks in the game. On five or six of those the CPU RB was open, but yet the CPU still refused to throw the ball. Of course, Manual is a scrambling QB, so it certainly seems like scrambling QB's are the ones most impacted this issue as shown by JUnit's post earlier in the thread.

I saw somebody mention that Matt10's sliders decreased the issue, but those were the sliders I was using in the FSU game and in a couple of other games I played where the issue was prevalent. This is a flat out game killer to me when it happens that many times, because it kills the CPU's drives and makes the game way too easy even on Heisman. I should have lost that particular game against FSU based on how they were moving the ball when they weren't running screens, but instead I cruised to an easy 28-10 win because of those drive killing screens.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 08-04-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:35 PM   #24
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I just played a game against Indiana's scrambler and I set a record for my dynasty with 8 team sacks (I think 6 were on screens). I'd strongly advise against editing scramblers into balanced QBs because scramblers are actually dangerous in this year's game with their legs and must be accounted for on defense. It'd be a shame to neuter that ability of theirs.

I'm gonna try creating CPBs for teams with scramblers using their base pb and simply removing most of the screens from it. I'll then assign their coach to use that CPB and hope that works. I wouldn't want to remove screens from all pbs since I've been burned numerous times with them when the QB will actually get the pass off.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »