Home

What is Wrong with Coach Prestige?

This is a discussion on What is Wrong with Coach Prestige? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2012, 12:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
What is Wrong with Coach Prestige?

I have won 2 National Championships in 3 season and recruited top 2 classes in the past 3 years, yet when the new season starts, my Coach Prestige falls from an A+ to a B or B-. I only signed a new contract once during this period.

Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2012, 12:14 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: What is Wrong with Coach Prestige?

In my offline dynasty, Saban's prestige is a D in year 2. I'm controlling Auburn and noticed because I have a lot of head to head recruiting battles with Bama. There is definitely something wrong here.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:17 PM   #3
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I could be mistaken, but isn't the coach prestige grade driven directly by passed / failed goals for the coaching contracts screen?
Old 07-25-2012, 12:21 PM   #4
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4

I might be wrong but isn't the Coaches prestige now linked mainly to Promises made/kept and meeting your coaches goals in your contract?

meaning that you have a given amount of "Coaches integrity" points that builds up with promises kept to players, so when a player graduates his promises come off your board. so if you never make any promises you won't have your points change, if you make and keep promises your points will go up over time until said player leaves.

I have mike Leach and his starting integrity points are 127, I've made like 10 promises to incoming recruits and there stands to be a big change during next recruiting season as long as I keep those promises.

in addition to that, you have to reach your coaching goals and the more you meet the more your rep goes up. if you fail any of them then they can have a more drastic effect. also if they sign a new contract then it lowers their prestige because now they don't have "completed goals" anymore.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:23 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I could be mistaken, but isn't the coach prestige grade driven directly by passed / failed goals for the coaching contracts screen?
Supposedly. However, I passed all my single-season goals in the first year of my contract and I still went down from an A+ to a B- once the new season started.

My long-term, contract-length goals are still pending (in my final season), but I'm not in danger of failing any of them.

I'm starting to believe that this is just an issue with dynasty mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2012, 01:13 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtrucker
I might be wrong but isn't the Coaches prestige now linked mainly to Promises made/kept and meeting your coaches goals in your contract?

meaning that you have a given amount of "Coaches integrity" points that builds up with promises kept to players, so when a player graduates his promises come off your board. so if you never make any promises you won't have your points change, if you make and keep promises your points will go up over time until said player leaves.
I know you get a "coach integrity" bonus when you make a promise to a recruit.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:37 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Your definately onto something kuz. I've noticed the same thing and its doing my head in. Meeting all my goals, beating higher ranked teams, sticking with my current contract and still my rating goes down. This is 100% a break in the game.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:48 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

i think coach prestige has to do with passed/failed goals, bowl game wins, and if you keep or fail your promises

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »