Home

User game in OD Disconnects every time after kickoff

This is a discussion on User game in OD Disconnects every time after kickoff within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2012, 04:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
User game in OD Disconnects every time after kickoff

Ok, so im trying to play a user game in OD. It is the National Championship game. It is Commish vs. User

Me and this person have played unranked and ranked online games against each other several times with ZERO issues whatsoever.

We just tried to play the championship game in the OD and every time we kickoff, the game disconnects.

Is this some sort of known issue?

I have tried pausing the game before I select the kickoff or return, I have tried removing both users and re-inviting them. Nothing works.

In one game the ball actually got to the end zone before the DC, but every other game the K doesn't even kick the ball before the DC happens.

Any help?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2012, 04:28 PM   #2
Banned

LucasWVU's Arena

OVR: 7
Try to not edit any uniforms. Then try to not use custom playbooks.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:42 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: User game in OD Disconnects every time after kickoff

Played with default uniforms and playbooks. still disconnected.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:25 PM   #4
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

It was a glitch last year as well and default uniforms/playbooks have nothing to do with it. It is pretty much pre-determined to happen and there really isn't anything you can do from inside the dynasty itself.

The work-around that worked best for my OD last year was have one of the two National Championship teams save the dynasty file and create a separate OD from that saved dynasty file. It should load up right at the NC game. Then invite the opponent and play the game in that dynasty. All the settings, rosters, etc will be identical. It should load just fine. Then play it out and see who wins.

After that, just go back to the original, have the commissioner set the loser to autopilot and the winner can just play and win the National Championship to get the trophy and continue the dynasty. The stats and scores won't matchup in the two games, but it's the only way I found to work around it.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:52 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
It was a glitch last year as well and default uniforms/playbooks have nothing to do with it. It is pretty much pre-determined to happen and there really isn't anything you can do from inside the dynasty itself.

The work-around that worked best for my OD last year was have one of the two National Championship teams save the dynasty file and create a separate OD from that saved dynasty file. It should load up right at the NC game. Then invite the opponent and play the game in that dynasty. All the settings, rosters, etc will be identical. It should load just fine. Then play it out and see who wins.

After that, just go back to the original, have the commissioner set the loser to autopilot and the winner can just play and win the National Championship to get the trophy and continue the dynasty. The stats and scores won't matchup in the two games, but it's the only way I found to work around it.
This^^^^

I was a commish last year and this happened a lot after season 5 or so.. Almost every year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2012, 06:11 PM   #6
Rookie

Appreciate the feedback.

We will do that. Thanks a lot!

Was getting so angry, heh. This user has been talking crap all season and I didn't want to have to sim and have him win to be able to talk more smack for a whole 'nother season.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:29 PM   #7
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

It is unfortunate this happens (especially another year of it) and the workaround can be a little annoying and lengthy, but it works. Seems to happen only in the national championship game, never really any time else. I think we may have had it once during a conference championship game, but that is it.

I hate it so much.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:58 AM   #8
Rookie

slick1ru2's Arena

OVR: 4

Just had this happen season 1 in the Orange Bowl. Everything is fine, we even had played an earlier game in the year, no probably. We used stock everything and got to the kick off screen and after choosing the play, we disconnect. UGH.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »