Home

Excessive players transferring

This is a discussion on Excessive players transferring within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2012, 08:17 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Excessive players transferring

Maybe it's a Michigan thing because I had the exact same thing happen to me in my dynasty. Like you nearly all of them who transferred had been redshirted the season before.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:41 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I lost a TE who was #2 on my team this year. He didn't have many catches, but he did have 13 pancakes. He would've been my #1 TE this year, but he left for more PT.

With your guys, since it was after season 2, did you break any promises to that MLB (from when you were recruiting him)? Broken promises are a great way to get kids to transfer away.
Nope - the only thing I was promising then was a game in state (he was an in state recruit) as I planned on doing lots of redshirting and I wasn't even sure if I'd win my rivalry game.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:10 PM   #19
Rookie

KCRaider21's Arena

OVR: 0

One way I just found to help a little is to purchase the extra coaching DLC for $1.99. This allows you to make multiple promises. However you still have to promise unrealistic statistics and im guess if you fail to deliver on the promise the player will probably transfer the next year and it will probably hurt your coaching prestige. Just a guess though.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:31 AM   #20
Rookie

CanesFan4Life42's Arena

Yeah I just had this happen to me last night in my Miami Hurricanes dynsasty. Damn near all of my incoming freshman class (including people that redshirted) are trying to leave because of playing time. The thing I do not get is the logic. For example, both Deon Bush (FS) and Jelani Hamilton (DE) wanted to transfer to South Carolina for playing time. I went and checked South Carolina's depth chart and, with their ratings the way that they are, BOTH of them would be 3rd string at best. I'm aware that their ratings would change over the off-season but Im also aware that South Carolina's incumbant player's ratings will change also. Im really not sure why EA did it this way in the game. You NEVER see a mass exodus like this in college football. Even with what happened at Penn State they have only lost a handful of guys and that was for a scandal. Their shouldnt be a 71 rated freshman redshirted outside linebacker mad that he wasnt getting playing time over an 86 rated starter. WTF!!??!!
Old 08-09-2012, 10:26 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have experienced this problem as well. In my Colorado dynasty I had 7 underclassmen backups looking to transfer due to playing time. I was only able to convince 1 to stay as they seemed dead set on leaving. This year I am mass subbing O and D in the fourth quarter when I am up by 10 or more, I have no idea if this will help or not. Anyone else try this? I would be fine with the idea of 6 guys transferring out if I was also getting 4-6 players wanting to transfer in, but of course that is not the case as I advance to Transfer Request week and see a blank page just like I did in NCAA '12 year after year. Any tips on how to get more transfer requests?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2012, 11:15 PM   #22
Rookie

tackle74's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I guess it doesn't matter what I promise them. I backed out and redid this. This time I promised all of them the most I could (IE. will play in 9+ games, get 120 tackles, 8 INTs, etc) and 8 of the 10 still left anyway.

Pipkins should have went to Mizzou anyway

I have had this issue too lost a RB who would have been a real player Steward and 2 custom made recruits based on real recruits for next year, both future starters. I read somewhere else that if you drop AWR to zero before transfer they will stay and then move it back to pre transfer AWR but cannot confirm this is true. Basically in my 6 seasons they either are leaving or staying my promises have meant nothing.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:24 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

You almost can't RS highly rated FR. Put them in during some blowouts, maybe RS them when they're a SO(I've found most (but not all) of the playing time transfers are FR or RS FR and the further they get into their career, the less likely they are to transfer). There is some number of overall rating where the player thinks that he should be contributing immediately, and if he isn't, he's gone. I believe this goes down at least somewhat multiple years into the dynasty. As usual, I think the default rosters are too high. So there's less chance of the early generated recruits being able to make an impact immediately. A few years down the road, this problem will decrease somewhat.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:21 PM   #24
Rookie

CanesFan4Life42's Arena

So I have been searching high and low for a solution to this mass transfer epedemic and I think I may have found it. This is not my idea as I simply borrowed it from someone else but I gave it a try and it worked so I wanted to transfer along. The player's position on the depth chart seems to be the determining factor. Here is what you do:
  1. After your last game of the season, save your dynasty.
  2. Advance to the Players Leaving screen and see all the freshman that want to leave.
  3. Write them down.
  4. Back out of your dynasty WITHOUT saving.
  5. Re-load your dynasty and you will be right back to your saved final game that you completed.
  6. Place all the potential tranfer players in starting positions on the depth chart.
  7. Proceed with your dynasty.
Now, Im not saying that no one will want to transfer, but you will not see near as many. At least I didn't. I tried this 5 times and I didnt have more than 3 players transfer in any given season. Even had a couple of zeros.

Let me know if this works for anyone. Hope you have the same success I did. Happy gaming fellas!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »