Home

Throwing Tons of Interceptions... Help!

This is a discussion on Throwing Tons of Interceptions... Help! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2012, 07:20 PM   #1
Rookie

akacesfan's Arena

OVR: 0
Throwing Tons of Interceptions... Help!

Alright, I absolutely need help in the passing game. I'm using Texas State on AA (default sliders), and there has not been one game in the 14 games I've played so far where I haven't thrown at least one interception. At first, I figured that it was Texas State's less than stellar quarterbacks, but I've realized now that I'm probably doing something wrong. It seems that they will happen in one of three ways...

1. QB throws to receiver being covered by one guy, the one defensive player will lunge over to grab it for an easy pick six. Receiver puts up no fight whatsoever.

2. QB throws to receiver, but instead of throwing it right at the receiver, he throws it right to the defensive player waiting for the easy pick.

3. QB airs it out on longer pass, defensive player jumps up to grab the ball while the receiver stands there clueless.

Are there any solutions to avoid these? I have to be doing something wrong, there's no other reason that I should be throwing this many interceptions. I know the passing system has changed from NCAA 12, and I'm passing the same way I did in that game for the most part.

Year 1: 11-3 (7-1 MAC) W over NU in Little Caesar's Pizza Bowl

Year 2: 0-0 (0-0 MAC)

Last Game: 24-17 W vs. Northwestern in the Little Caesar's Pizza Bowl

NHL 13 - Columbus Blue Jackets

Year 1: 1-1-0

Last Game: 3-2 W @ Minnesota

Last edited by akacesfan; 07-27-2012 at 07:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2012, 07:26 PM   #2
Rookie

Lionsfan7887's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Throwing Tons of Interceptions... Help!

Are you waiting for the icons to show up? If the WR isn't looking he wont be in the best position for a catch.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:28 PM   #3
Rookie

blackball8's Arena

OVR: 7

I have been kicking *** in my dynasty. I have won 3 of 4 bowl games with indiana including a national title and orange bowl. I beat a ranked iowa team 45-0...............then rematched them in the big ten title game and lost my undeafeated record when my backup qb threw 8 ints in the rematch. I had only thrown 10 picks all season until that debacle.

Presnap reads are most key. look at the safetys and see if the corners are pressing presnap............once the ball is snapped look at the LBs or approriate defenders per your play (example look lbs when throwing slants). Yes you will take a few in the rear, but those will teach you what you can and cant get away with.

Learn a few plays you are comfortable with your progression....... example....know where u are going with your first read.........if he is covered where the second read is...........third read.......dump off/throw away/run.

Biggest tip is to know when to cut your losses and not throw the ball. If you are running plays you havnt run before you are more likely to screw up.

hope that helps.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:28 PM   #4
Rookie

akacesfan's Arena

Yep, I do. Even then, half the time the ball will just bounce off of the receiver's helmet or he'll somehow drop it.

Old 07-27-2012, 07:29 PM   #5
Rookie

Lionsfan7887's Arena

That is very true. If you don't have an open guy or don't think you can make the tight throw then just throw it away and live to play another down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2012, 07:30 PM   #6
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by akacesfan
Yep, I do. Even then, half the time the ball will just bounce off of the receiver's helmet or he'll somehow drop it.
guess that's how they ended up at Texas State
Old 07-27-2012, 07:32 PM   #7
Rookie

akacesfan's Arena

...and that is why I primarily use a run-first offense. Their RB is a beast...

...but back on topic, I generally don't throw into coverage. The receivers there are very inconsistent and don't seem to like fighting for the ball. I didn't really have this problem when I was playing on Varsity difficulty with Kent State. Is there really that huge of a jump in difficulty?

Last edited by akacesfan; 07-27-2012 at 07:35 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 07-27-2012, 07:33 PM   #8
Rookie

Lionsfan7887's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by akacesfan
...and that is why I primarily use a run-first offense. They're RB is a beast...

...but back on topic, I generally don't throw into coverage. The receivers there are very inconsistent and don't seem to like fighting for the ball. I didn't really have this problem when I was playing on Varsity difficulty with Kent State. Is there really that huge of a jump in difficulty?
Well you said you like to run the ball. So run the ball to set up the pass and get those set up plays! If your trying to pass every down the CPU is going to lock down on that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »