Home

2 man under defense too powerful?

This is a discussion on 2 man under defense too powerful? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2012, 05:29 PM   #17
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
How good is your QB's arm? If it's pretty good run SG Spread Flex Deep Attack. The slot can run under the post (If lofted out in front) and seperate from the defender.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 08-01-2012, 05:37 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2 man under defense too powerful?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
How good is your QB's arm? If it's pretty good run SG Spread Flex Deep Attack. The slot can run under the post (If lofted out in front) and seperate from the defender.
This this this!!!!!!!!

Kills this defense everytime
Old 08-02-2012, 07:28 PM   #19
Rookie

Cheetah Bird's Arena

OVR: 0

Which package? All packages? I've been having a lot of good luck with 2 Man Under the last few days and have almost been playing it every down. Throwing guys off by even calling some Nickle and Dimes on em while they come out in run formations. With the right stick skills up front, I can see it being beast this year.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:02 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 7

Well Ive about adjusted ACC, AWR, MCV for CBs to allow for top notch receivers to beat the 2 man Under defense over the middle or on other routes and its just not happening consistently enough. The CPU just has serious problems on offense trying to attack this defense. Therefore, Im officially not ever running 2 man under against the CPU. It is too much of an advantage for the human player. Hopefully, EA can look at this and make the proper changes to this defense. I will only run Cover 1 Man to open the game up for the CPU and put pressure on myself. The CPU does an extremely better job of attacking the Cover 1 defense consistently if the receiving corp is more talented than the CBs

Thoughts?

P.S. This inside trail technique for this defense still causes mirroring of the WR instead of read-n-react. Dpes anyone know a way to prevent this?

Last edited by kzdwfy; 08-09-2012 at 01:17 AM.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:24 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype561
Just showing how powerful the slant route is for the cpu, I just played a dynasty game against FIU, heisman default, qb went 24-38 for 355 yds. Of the 38 pass plays I counted 22 plays where 2 or more slant routes where run. Of those 22 slant play 18 were completitions.

that means 18 of 24 completitions were slant routes, only 6 other route variations were caught!!! smh

This was with me knowing that there were running mostly slant routes, i tried man cover 2, zone cover 2, bump and run blitz, zone blitz, robber and everything else i could think of.

Only thing I could do was tackle the wr after he caught it, cpu players on the user team react waaaay slower than the cpu team, thats why none of the zone defenses work for users.

oh yeah, this was 6 min qtrs.
Slant routes piss me off against the computer. I never run Cover 2, but Cover 3 instead. I have found most success when I control the LB or SS and I bring them closer in so that when WR comes across the middle I either SWAT or Blast the WR. I would say 6-10 times I am successful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2012, 10:33 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1
2 man under needs a nerf

can someone tell me some plays that beat a 2 man under defense plz because i have a friend who use it 85% of the time in different formations..it gets annoying wen you wanna have fun but you cant cuz your play book become limited well atleast for me
Old 08-09-2012, 10:36 PM   #23
Rookie

aerovt's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: 2 man under needs a nerf

I cant beat a play so clearly it must need a nerf. *sigh*

try slants/curls/whips. And no, it doesnt need 'nerfed'

Last edited by aerovt; 08-09-2012 at 10:40 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:43 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: 2 man under needs a nerf

lol not nerfed but implemented a little better...i mean it can literally almost stop anything ran out the nickel 245 which i know for hell it shouldn't/wouldn't do in real life runs,options,passes

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »