Home

NCAA Football 13 Title Update #1 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Title Update #1 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 10:53 AM   #33
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA Football 13 Title Update #1 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3,

The first thing I noticed was that the freezing when loading the playbooks is gone. It had got to the point where it would freeze once to I got to a certain amount of created playbooks. If I used custom playbooks for both teams on offense and defense it would end up freezing. That's gone so that's good.

I'm sure this is the placebo effect, but I just saw the CPU do something I hadn't seen it do since I got the game...option pith up field. The QB turned it upfield and after about 3-4 yards as he was getting ready to get hit he pitched it to the RB for a bigtime game. I'm sure this has nothing to do with the patch though.

Last edited by TarHeelPhenom; 07-31-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:53 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 6
I was under the impression that this update addressed more than just the leaderboards? I haven't seen anything else about another update in August?
Old 07-31-2012, 11:55 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 6
nevermind, i re-read the article and missed that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2012, 12:08 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: I think the patch is out

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobamigo
just downloaded it and first thing i looked to see if they fixed was the counter run glitch from the shotgun formation for certain teams and it seems they did
it only occurs with RB under 5 foot 9. fix it yourself. there not gonna patch it.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:12 PM   #37
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA Football 13 Title Update #1 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3,

They may not have did anything to gameplay...but I certainly believe they did something to the sliders. They seem more powerful than they were pre-patch.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:27 PM   #38
Rookie

brutx15's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingsfan04
Just downloaded the update for 360, and this was the first thing I checked hoping it would be better. I must say that it did seem better actually. On offense, my receiver attempted almost every user catch I input except for a couple where the ball was clearly out of his reach (still wish there'd be an animation at least, but I was never going to reach it). Defensively, the interception button worked almost flawlessly, and the swat button worked pretty well while running. However, I don't think I was able to trigger a swat action from a standing strafe.

Not sure if I'm just adjusting to the poor initial catch/swat input or there was a fix, but I am definitely more confident that I'll be able to play balls better now. Still, I except some frustrating plays, but nowhere near what it used to be.
The user swat/catch function is still the same. They still do not respond more times than not when using the correct Y or LB button. This patch has done nothing as far as tweaking gameplay from what I could tell.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:34 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0
Icon13 Re: NCAA Football 13 Title Update #1 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3,

this game sucks....patch aint out till Madden is out...shoot ill b on madden by then....this game bout ta get dusty.....its fun but unplayable because this patch done nothing....blah
Old 07-31-2012, 12:37 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 1

One thing gameplay related they did change was the fade hot route.

Know when you hot route to a fade (RS Up), field dependent it'll either have you do a goal line fade, or if you're deep enough out, a side line fade.

Confirmed as I've done it a few times, go check it out.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »