Home

3/4 OLB Sacks?

This is a discussion on 3/4 OLB Sacks? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2012, 01:57 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
3/4 OLB Sacks?

Is anyone playing with a 3/4 and getting the majority of their sacks (not user controlled) from OLB's? NOT DT's and DE's except for the occasional freakish athlete???

If so, what sliders?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2012, 01:59 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: 3/4 OLB Sacks?

Try matt10's slider set. I use a 3-4 but most of my sacks are by my MLB on blitzes up the middle.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:12 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

I'm playing a 4-3 and most of my sacks are by the MLB and OLB on screens or when the QB scrambles. If I play a running team, I put the contain on aggressive to keep him in the pocket and spy the MLB and the CPU seems to run into his own guys, then the MLB goes and tackles him and it calls it a sack even though he's gonna run...then on screens, the LB just seems to get there first before the D-Linemen.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:16 PM   #4
Rookie

SanDiegoTrojans's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balderdashprose
Is anyone playing with a 3/4 and getting the majority of their sacks (not user controlled) from OLB's? NOT DT's and DE's except for the occasional freakish athlete???

If so, what sliders?
The 3-4 is a scheme where the D-line occupies O-line to free up linebackers. Plus, the 3-4 usually confuses quarterbacks because they don't know which one is blitzing.
San Diego Padres
Old 08-01-2012, 03:44 PM   #5
Banned

Ninjas N Grits's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
I'm playing a 4-3 and most of my sacks are by the MLB and OLB on screens or when the QB scrambles. If I play a running team, I put the contain on aggressive to keep him in the pocket and spy the MLB and the CPU seems to run into his own guys, then the MLB goes and tackles him and it calls it a sack even though he's gonna run...then on screens, the LB just seems to get there first before the D-Linemen.
As long as it was a designed passing play it is a sack. If its a QB draw then its just a tackle. But if the QB drops back to pass and decides there is no one open, if he is tackled behind the line it is a sack. The intent was to throw and unless he crosses the LoS it should be a sack.

****Everybody knows Jackie Robinson was #42****
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2012, 03:47 PM   #6
Rookie

aspengc8's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoTrojans
The 3-4 is a scheme where the D-line occupies O-line to free up linebackers. Plus, the 3-4 usually confuses quarterbacks because they don't know which one is blitzing.
lol, what did you go to wikipedia for that?
Old 08-01-2012, 03:59 PM   #7
Rookie

War34Eagle's Arena

I run 4-3 and my DEs rack up in sacks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »