Home

What the HECK happened!!!!!!

This is a discussion on What the HECK happened!!!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2012, 11:39 PM   #9
Rookie

FSUNolez's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: What the HECK happened!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
It was the right call in EA's world. In the real world it's the wrong call. If he makes the PAT and declines the penalty then the original outcome stands. No one will be able to shine some light because it's not the right call.
The original outcome did stand and I will be able to shine some light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy57
I don't see how on earth you can think that him not getting the point is the right call. If he makes the kick or in fact if he declines the penalty he is accepting the original outcome of the play so if he made it the play would still stand that he made it had he missed it then he would have made an error by declining the penalty because he wouldn't have been awarded the point.
Here's what happened. The ball was hiked. The holder had the ball and his knee is on the ground. The rule states, if the defense touches the holder, he is considered down... play over.

So...
  • ball was hiked
  • defense tagged the holder, ending the play.
  • kicker kicked the extra point, but it didn't matter because the play was blown dead.
  • offense declined the penalty, refusing their chance at another try of the extra point.

Last edited by FSUNolez; 08-03-2012 at 12:22 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:03 AM   #10
Rookie

jarato's Arena

OVR: 0
Dammit I think I just did a complete 180 on my stance after that explanation. That totally makes sense.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:14 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I'm so glad that I don't play randoms online and whenever I read about stuff like this it actually makes me laugh at what some people will do.

So, in this situation, if he accepts the penalty, can't the guy just keep doing this every time until he finally declines and gets no point?
No if he goes off sides 3 times in a row, he will get booted out the game for excessive delay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2012, 01:34 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheetah Bird
This dude comes off sides like a spoiled brat on my PAT and hovers over my holder. I hike, he makes subtle contact but nothing happens, the ball goes through, kick good. When the offsides box pops up it is on ACCEPT. I hit DECLINE because I made the kick. I get no point, no replay the down, no nothing. I lose the game by that 1 point.

WHATUH HECK HAPPENED?
See you say "nothing happens" but that's not true. First, the whistle blows as soon as he made contact. Second, Nessler says something about it every time. Third, it came up telling you to accept it. Pay attention.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:35 AM   #13
Rookie

FSUNolez's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarato
Dammit I think I just did a complete 180 on my stance after that explanation. That totally makes sense.
Ha, glad I could help.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-03-2012, 10:57 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 2

Out of curiosity, and I tried to find it but couldn't, is there an unimpeded to the quarterback rule in college football?

I know in the pros, the play would have automatically been blown dead when the defender was unimpeded to the quarterback. It would have been a dead ball. I suspect there has to be some sort of unimpeded to the quarterback rule in college, too???
Old 08-03-2012, 07:12 PM   #15
Rookie

Cheetah Bird's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibrokeu
See you say "nothing happens" but that's not true. First, the whistle blows as soon as he made contact. Second, Nessler says something about it every time. Third, it came up telling you to accept it. Pay attention.
You're right. I just lab'd it and did it myself and the whistle does blow right away and Nessler calls the play dead. Nolez explanation was very helpful as well. I kind of had an idea this was the case, but didn't want to believe it because I ultimately made a dumb choice. It's just that I've never seen anything like that in real football [obviously] or in any game what so ever so it was a new situation I had never came across.

And to the guy who said I should have wen for 2? It was in the first half. I pretty much had this kid locked up on D and all that but I never got it going on O again after that play, I must have let it get to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2012, 12:24 AM   #16
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUNolez
Here's what happened. The ball was hiked. The holder had the ball and his knee is on the ground. The rule states, if the defense touches the holder, he is considered down... play over.

So...
  • ball was hiked
  • defense tagged the holder, ending the play.
  • kicker kicked the extra point, but it didn't matter because the play was blown dead.
  • offense declined the penalty, refusing their chance at another try of the extra point.
Perhaps it's just me, but the other guy coming off-sides and standing right next to his holder is something like... what's the word... oh yeah... OFF-SIDES!!!

Whoever said "You got EA'd" nailed it right on the head!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »