Home

What the HECK happened!!!!!!

This is a discussion on What the HECK happened!!!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2012, 10:58 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: What the HECK happened!!!!!!

Sometimes I feel that this game is scripted..

Next Stream: Madden NFL 16 EARLY! 8/20 12 AM ET

twitch.tv/theflightmiketv
Old 08-04-2012, 11:13 PM   #34
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by illini4life
I'm getting off topic, but I feel this needs to be said again.

I don't understand how people can buy a game, knowing full well that they probably won't enjoy how the game plays,YET purchase it anyway for $60. Then they come and complain constantly about how said game is buggy, glitchy, and not up to their standards. Hello! Earth to you complainers out there. If you don't like the game then why are you purchasing it?!?!?! Year after year! SMH
First of all, I didn't buy the game this year, secondly, it's because of forums like this and... ahem... "complainers" that the game has even gotten to the point it's at, and lastly, there is NO OTHER COLLEGE FOOTBALL GAME TO PLAY! I wish there was, but there isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
The fact that it would be blown dead in real life is irrelevant even though I completely agree with you that it would be. That isn't something that can be programmed into a game and if you say it is you are fooling yourself.

I think you are mistaking me for an EA apologist. I did not get NCAA and will probably not be getting Madden.

This has nothing to do with the previous issues in the game though and it is ridiculous to try and make this point about them. If you don't like the game or the series, just say so, but to use the point in question here as an argument against the series then you really need to reevaluate what you want out of a video game.
So you're telling me they can't code an off-sides penalty? Because those penalties are in the game when the D jumps off-sides, so how could they not program this? Or an "Unimpeded to the QB" penalty?

FWIW, this isn't only in NCAA... it's been in Madden since at least 2008. And that... is inexcusable.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:47 PM   #35
Rookie

Lionsfan7887's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Then they wouldn't be able to take advantage of what they believe is their God given right to complain at every opportunity on our forum.
stay on topic or this thread will just turn into a EA ***** thread come on man
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2012, 11:59 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I'm so glad that I don't play randoms online and whenever I read about stuff like this it actually makes me laugh at what some people will do.

So, in this situation, if he accepts the penalty, can't the guy just keep doing this every time until he finally declines and gets no point?
That's what you would think but it can't happen. A couple of years ago EA put a subtle feature in that if a player committed 3 straight offsides penalties (I think its three), then the game automatically ends and the person who committed the penalties gets a loss as well as an increase in their DNF %.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:00 AM   #37
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionsfan7887
stay on topic or this thread will just turn into a EA ***** thread come on man
Yeah my post was the one that threatens to put it over the edge. Try reading the entire thread.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:10 AM   #38
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Shouldn't you have the option of accepting the penalty and tacking the extra yards on the kickoff, or is that only in the NFL?
Old 08-05-2012, 02:55 AM   #39
Rookie

FSUNolez's Arena

OVR: 3

I just had this happen to me and I will say one thing that sucks. Brad says... "They get him for a 7 yard loss." followed quickly by "And it's good!"

So, that sucks.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:14 AM   #40
Banned

MarylandMan's Arena

OVR: 16

Wait a second guys.. what if the guy didn't make contact with the holder but simple waited until the ball was snapped and blocked the kick?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »