Home

anybody have success with punt returns yet?

This is a discussion on anybody have success with punt returns yet? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2012, 09:49 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: anybody have success with punt returns yet?

This year I have noticed you need to fair catch more to avoid fumbles than what was required before. That said I have returned 1 all the way and been close a couple other times playing one season with Idaho and most of a season so far with FAU and therefore not having great return men. If you have the speed to go across the field and turn the corner that is probably the easiest way. Otherwise you have to hope great blocking will open a lane you can get through.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:46 AM   #10
Rookie

TryHard_Nation's Arena

OVR: 12

Playing on heisman against FCS teams I can usually get 2 a game on five minute quaters. lol. I use Stefon Diggs and he is pretty fast so you can get yards easily. Also I bring back a D line man back near the returner sometime to get an extra blocker.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:13 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 11

Returned 2 punts and 5 kickoffs for TDs. I am averaging around 8-10 yards a punt return and 23-25 yards a kick return. It is harder this year, to do either, and I am glad for it. In 12, in one of the online dynasties I was in, my kick returner had 12 total TDs in 2 years. He led nation in kick return and punt return average and in TDs in both categories. He was only 83 overall, but decided to go pro as redshirt sophomore, otherwise I would probably have had 20-25 total TDs with him over a 4 year stretch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2012, 11:16 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard_Nation
Playing on heisman against FCS teams I can usually get 2 a game on five minute quaters. lol. I use Stefon Diggs and he is pretty fast so you can get yards easily. Also I bring back a D line man back near the returner sometime to get an extra blocker.
Some, probably most online dynasties, consider manually bringing a Dlineman back to be cheesing. The 4 down " defensive lineman" on punt return coverage are usually linebackers unless you formation sub them in.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:19 AM   #13
Rookie

TryHard_Nation's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcduggan
Some, probably most online dynasties, consider manually bringing a Dlineman back to be cheesing. The 4 down " defensive lineman" on punt return coverage are usually linebackers unless you formation sub them in.
No I don't do it except in practice. It gives you a little bit more time so you can find out which lanes you need to take. It is great practice.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:45 AM   #14
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

I returned one in my first year of dynasty and had a few 20+ returns.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 08-04-2012, 01:25 PM   #15
Banned

dingleberryfinn's Arena

OVR: 7

last year I was almost always tackled immediately but this year I have already had plenty of 10 yard plus returns. I know I'm not doin' anything differently so it's got to be the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2012, 01:44 PM   #16
Pro

cptnclutch28's Arena

OVR: 4
I've had quite a bit of success returning 4 punts and a couple of kicks. The thing I've found is it's not always about pure speed. The elusive rating makes a big difference on if you can make a guy miss or "break a tackle" so that's why I have looked into guys who feature both speed and elusiveness. Making the first guy miss is the key along with finding the right lane to run through. As far as kickoffs go you gotta setup your blocks.

Season 12: Buffalo Bills
12-4

Crew Bowl XII Champions

Season 13: Buffalo Bills

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »