Home

I just Had the Greatest Game I Have Ever Played in an NCAA Videogame

This is a discussion on I just Had the Greatest Game I Have Ever Played in an NCAA Videogame within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2012, 09:11 PM   #1
Banned

MarylandMan's Arena

OVR: 16
I just Had the Greatest Game I Have Ever Played in an NCAA Videogame

I was 6-5. UL Monroe was 4-7. They were out of bowl contention, but they still had a few great plays in store for their greatest rivals.

On the first drive, I didn't know what to expect. They were a pretty bad team, however they matched up with us well on both sides of the ball. On the very first play, a running play up the middle resulted in a recovery for the ULM Warhawk D. They scored a Field Goal as I manged to keep them out of the endzone.

Soon I was down 10-0, after a ULM Touchdown. I needed to get back into this game. I scored a TD after a great drive from the O. They responded with a TD of their own, making it 17-7. I also hit 2 FGs to make it 17-13. They scored a TD to make it 24-13. However, I hit a great 38 yd pass to make it 24-19. I went for a fake Field Goal pass, but did not break the plane, and therefore could not convert the 2 point conversion.

After halftime in the third quarter, we scored TD to make it 25-24. I missed the 2 point conversion, and this particular miss turned out to cause me a lot of grief later on. They responded with a 12 yd pass, but thankfully failed to convert the 2 point conversion. The score was now 30-25. Then they scored a Field Goal to make it 33-25.

In the fourth quarter, I scored a Touchdown to make it 33-31, but failed the 2 point conversion. Now I needed a Field Goal. After some back and fourth action, I got the ball. After driving the ball down the field. I had to ice my own kicker to stop the clock. In retrospect, I could of spiked it, but I wasn't thinking straight at the time. ULM took the timeout that would ice my kicker for a second time. I knew I could make it. It was only 24 yards. I snapped the ball and went for the kick and...

WE MADE IT! WE'RE GOING BOWLING! YES! YES! YES!

Last edited by MarylandMan; 08-05-2012 at 10:11 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #2
Rookie

The ArkanSaw's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: I just Had the Greatest Game I Have Ever Played in an NCAA Videogame

Wish you could've recorded it.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:44 PM   #3
Banned

MarylandMan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ArkanSaw
Wish you could've recorded it.
Thanks man, this game makes me love this game even more. It was certainly worth 45 dollars on Amazon.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:24 AM   #4
Pro

Reggie16's Arena

OVR: 10

what sliders are you using? if any?

Patiently Wating.....Madden 12, Ncaa 12
Old 08-05-2012, 03:37 AM   #5
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0

Y'know for all the flaws this game has. I've played some of the best games I've ever had in a football game with this years edition. And it's probably the most fun I've ever had with an NCAA game in years. Glad to see that other people are having just as good of an experience as me.. Not that I didn't think of the millions that bought this game that I was the only one having fun. It's just good to hear it amongst all the complaining that's been going on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2012, 10:09 AM   #6
Banned

MarylandMan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie16
what sliders are you using? if any?
For this game I used default AA spiders with Fast speed and min speed threshold. I recently changed to Very Fast speed for a more realistic and challenging game experience.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:51 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 19

I just finished a game that I trailed 24-7 in the third quarter. I had Mizzou, the CPU was Iowa State. Franklin got hot in the second half, overcame three INTs. Down by a touchdown, taking possession with around 2:30 left, I patiently drove down the field. I scored on a 7-yard TD to the TE to make the score 24-23. I chose to go for two. Iowa State burned all three timeouts, to ice the QB and get a look at my formation. Each time they called time I maintained a spread formation and called a pass play. Once the ball was snapped, I let Franklin scramble for the winning 2-point conversion. Cheese? Yes! But I wasn't going to allow an amazing comeback fall short due to a drop in the end zone, a batted ball, an INT or a sack.

Old 08-06-2012, 08:16 PM   #8
Rookie

bigjay302's Arena

OVR: 1

I am also having some great games with this years NCAA. I'm using some Heisman sliders and it is very tough but enjoyable.
PGA 2K21
https://www.amazon.com/s?i=stripbook...=operasport-20
HILARIOUS BLOG
http://www.youtube.com/user/bigjay302

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »