Home

Play recognition = CPU cheating

This is a discussion on Play recognition = CPU cheating within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2012, 07:50 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Play recognition = CPU cheating

all I know is that whenever EA's license is up for the football games Im instantly getting whatever comes out from 2k or whoever decides to make one... it is nonsense that they've been making these games for this long and the same problems exist in each game....
defensive linemen hopping over the OLine *regularly*
third down converstions the ball is either flying out of bounds regardless of where you lead it, or receiver drops the ball, a random holding penalty is called
I run blitzes from the 46bear a lot and I've had guys get to the qb and just stand there for like 3 seconds before MISSING the sack... dude the game is actually fun when playing against others although the bs still happens but it needs to be improved and I believe madden13 won't' be any different
Old 08-14-2012, 01:26 PM   #34
Rookie

I agree the CPU knowing your play is BS. Don't know if people know this trick or not though...

Say you have twin TE on one side and twin WR on the other. You are trying to run a stretch to the heavy side. If it looks like they have stacked that side, try calling an audible and do L trigger (which is a dummy audible - same play). Often times the CB that was in a zone look messing up your numbers game on the TE side will switch into a man look and go over to the WR side, making your play viable without having to change it.

If that makes any sense... I guess in brief, try audibling to the same play if it seems the CPU is stacking the playside against you.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:02 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ArkanSaw
Running with GT online is impossible. Every play gets 1-2 yards and even on cover 2 defenses i can't get any pull. It is more on blocking then mind reading defenders. Some teams IMO are obsolete if they are option heavy teams. This game makes running teams useless since you can't consistently sustain a drive with running in this game online. On 3 man rushes the DT magically disengages and tackles me or on options 4 defenders are coming straight at me. Theres no sense of reacting to the play, they just know what time and place to be at in order to stop your runs.

The only time i get any good runs is off of broken tackles, or user mistakes by the other player. Other than that my GT experience has been a nightmare. Now i see why i never see Oregon users online, Because the blocking mixed with psychic defense makes it impossible to imitate their real life team unless your lucky or playing a bad user. Run middle,left,right is so overpowered. I see people using it as a way to boost their blitzes online.

Passing is good other than the obvious deep ball issue but EA really needs to come up with better blocking next year. Every year on NCAA or Madden, the blocking is just horrid and frustrating.

Horrible, nuff said.
It's a combination of poor blocking and the CPU not reading plays, but instead knowing it's a run or pass. For example I ran HB sweep out of ace twins in shotgun. The backside linebacker made the play. No one tried to block him (poor blocking) AND as soon as my HB took a step to the left this linebacker took off like he was shot out of a cannon. (not reading plays, but knowing). So I called the complimentary play action, to see what this backside linebacker would do. Remember, this play action looks the same for at least the first initial steps. Snapped the ball, my HB steps left- and the backside linebacker gets into a pass drop. This is the fatal flaw in NCAA. Defenders 'react' a certain way because they know it's run or pass. They don't react because their key told them it was run or pass. Same game I pump faked to a hitch, then lofted the ball to the fade- the nickel back bit on the pump fake and still broke up the fade. Maybe they have an awesome nickel back. Nope he was mid-70s. I'll grant you there are some DBs that can bite on the pump and make a play on the fade- but they are the best of the best.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 11:11 AM   #36
Rookie

md0t's Arena

OVR: 3

i cdnt agree more with the op about the cpu ai defense knowing EVERYTHING..takes a lot of fun out of the game when it blatantly cheats....i also wanted to just add how the OL releasing blocks instantly when the ball carrier reaches the LOS, and someone if u could...explain to me why offensive receivers still go for the ball like they're the only ones out there trying to catch it? the defense has ALWAYS gone for the ball with way more aggression....like someone else is trying to catch it too.

Last edited by md0t; 08-23-2012 at 11:16 AM. Reason: who cares, really...
Old 08-23-2012, 11:48 AM   #37
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tariq071
I am sorry , but i have to disagree with OP, there is no psychic DB's/defense , at least not in offline dynasty this year.Only time i have seen CPU "knew " what i am doing was when PCV was set on 100, lower that down to 95 and it's fair game.

Example on Heisman:

I have set of plays for strong I, Ace and I normal(or how ever is called), and i would take one formation and run few plays, then go for PA from that formation (like Power 0, FB flare, Counter, etc..). CPU will bite 4 out 5 times at least, resulting in completion.Important thing is to learn how to use pass blocking (pinch or slide to certain side). I know, blocking is horrible , but it's still doable.It doesn't even have to be PA pass, but plain one, as long it's from same formation like previous run plays.

Now the only difference is when i use coaching sliders out of box, it's deep pass TD almost every time (due to CPU aggressive zone play and constant blitzing).

If i use Arkansaw's coaching sliders with Chedapalooza's fix(i would highly recommend that to anyone) then it's completed pass but to FB or mid range WR.

I am pretty much n00b in NCAA but i had to move up to Heisman this year ,because unlike last year CPU can't stop anything on AA .

Does CPU cheats? Surely does, but far less then last year.
there is a difference between setup plays like you mentioned and the psychic crap.

call a run play, watch the defense line up, call a "quick audible" to a quick pass and watch the defense drop into a shallow look, "quick audible" to run and watch the defense press back up into the box...

to top off the psychic abilities of the defense they removed the ability to run true READ Play Actions, now we have to run a "run", "pass", "draw", "zone read run" or "play action pass". since they removed the ability to hand off on Read play actions, which actually trapped the psychic defenses in either pass coverage/blitz or run coverage, the CPU AI doesn't have to "figure out" what you are actually running.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:25 PM   #38
Rookie

jojoae's Arena

I have no problems with slants and curl routes at all, unless of course I run them too many times and the defense makes adjustments to beat me there. My problem is on the deep passing plays like Four Verticals. Very rarely am I able to complete a deep ball to anyone but my TE or slot receiver. My two wideouts almost always have the balls batted away or intercepted.

I've been wondering if this is more of a function of my QB's arm strength/accuracy as opposed to the defenses reading the play immediately? Of course, there is an element to that, where even when a receiver appears open, by the time the ball gets there, my WR is doubled up, and it seems like the defense always reacts better to an incoming ball than the receiver does... But does any of it have to do with my QB? I have a solid QB, with arm strength and accuracy in the high 80s, I believe.

I've also been wondering if it has to do with how I'm releasing the ball. I know that when you tap the button quickly, the ball is lobbed a lot more vs. holding down the pass button for a ball thrown on a rope. For the longer plays, should I be letting the ball get more air under it? Or will it make it just that much easier for the DBs to get underneath it?
Old 08-23-2012, 10:39 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtrucker
there is a difference between setup plays like you mentioned and the psychic crap.

call a run play, watch the defense line up, call a "quick audible" to a quick pass and watch the defense drop into a shallow look, "quick audible" to run and watch the defense press back up into the box...

to top off the psychic abilities of the defense they removed the ability to run true READ Play Actions, now we have to run a "run", "pass", "draw", "zone read run" or "play action pass". since they removed the ability to hand off on Read play actions, which actually trapped the psychic defenses in either pass coverage/blitz or run coverage, the CPU AI doesn't have to "figure out" what you are actually running.
That part is governed by Play Recognition attributes. so the problem is that PRC is to high in general for mediocre or low level players.As the result it creates appearance of psychic DB's.Sliders also augment that, at 100 PCV on Heisman CPU will recognize the play most of the time , but if you lowered it down to 90-95 it's doesn't happen that often.

I am using PA's as audibles quite frequently and CPU generally falls for them as long i am running them from same formation.And even if it does recognize the pass instead of run (or vice versa) CPU is still in personnel disadvantage in most cases.

Offensively , i noticed that CPU has 2 check points before the snap , one at the beginning of the count and another one in middle of it.

However, if you call say outside man blitz and then audible to cover 3 right before the snap , CPU doesn't make adjustments and generally throws directly at your DB (just an a example).

At least that's my perception....
Old 08-24-2012, 02:01 AM   #40
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3

It's the same as it's always been. If the CPU decides it wants to score or stop you or cause a fumble when it's convenient, it does it. End of story.

It'll make you miss wide-open WRs on 3rd and 4th down, it LOVES covering 2 deep WRs with 1 DB. The CPU can decide its QB is untacklable when it wants.

Same as it ever was.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »