Home

Play recognition = CPU cheating

This is a discussion on Play recognition = CPU cheating within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2012, 02:52 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Play recognition = CPU cheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype561
Even when I throw to a wr in single coverage, the cpu db makes the play most of the time and usually intercept it.

On offense when the cpu thows in single coverage the wr normally makes the play while the cpu db for the user team misses the ball completely or not doing anything and running themselves out of the play.

The user team cpu is programmed totally different than cpu team, which is very evident when you switch teams when playing, watch how differently the same team plays when you switch, especially on defense.
i say the same thing but nobody believed me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2012, 04:57 PM   #42
Rookie

prd689's Arena

OVR: 5

There is no way to simulate a user. No way to simulate strong AI to be as equal to their percentage says they should be.

If the game was too easy, we'd all complain. When game is too hard, we all complain. There is just no middle ground.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:46 PM   #43
Rookie

tuck243's Arena

OVR: 1

I play on All-American with a 5 speed Threshold... I don't touch anything else... Yea sometimes the defensive know the play and do unbelievable things like LB's jumping backwards for a INT when only elite WR's do that and they play on Sundays... But that happens every so often though...

DB's jumping routes or ahead of routes, that happens in real life... Especially if you run the same plays all the time... This game put a lot of emphasis on actaully seeing the ball, which means A LOT of Db's look at the QB way too much... Which becomes a huge problem when playing defense... A pass fake usually baits them (especially LB's and Safeties) out of their coverage enough to allow your WR's to get open... This game even allow your QB to fake to a specific player... Holding L1 and pressing the button of the reciever you want to fake to is how you do it...

Sooooo, if you line up the Z (Triangle) and Y (X) reciever with one going deep while the other doing a post, you can fake to the post reciever the Y (Hold L1 and press (X)) to force the Saftey to shade that direction and BOOM the Z (make sure you RELEASE L1 and press (Triangle)) is wide open... I do this A LOT... Or fake underneath routes and go deep or vice versa... Sometimes I'll fake and they don't bite so I go to the underneath route I just faked to anyway... It's similar to real life a cat and mouse game...

Another thing, sometimes the defense just has your number... If you call a curls play with all your WR curling you are asking for either a 10 yard gain or players being covered... Which if they are covered, scramble (I noticed if everyone is covered I usually have room to run), take a sack, or throw the ball away... Don't force bad passes and even GREAT QB's throw it away or take sacks...

What difficulty are you playing on??? Speed threshold??? What team are you playing with and against??? The last one is the biggest of them all, players jump on here all the time complaining that their beloved program is getting whooped when they are playing against super teams like USC (who is fast on Defense) and playing with Arizona or some stupid ish like that... What you expect the ratings don't apply to you??? (not saying YOU in particular, just ppl who do it)...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »