Home

NCAA '13 is EA's best effort since '06

This is a discussion on NCAA '13 is EA's best effort since '06 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 03:10 PM   #41
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NCAA '13 is EA's best effort since '06

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuschler22
Broken:
1) blocking
6) the run game
the run game is horrific! worst of the series no doubt. i'll try to run out of a 4 wide set against a dime & my 5 linemen only block 3 out of the 5 defenders in the box. wtf ea?!?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2012, 03:21 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 13

Anyone saying the running game is broken do not know how to run the ball.

Period.

End of Story.

I consistently run, on Heisman default, for 150+ yards a game. There are certain plays to avoid, but pitches, dives, and power running work perfectly.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:31 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 3

running game isnt broken,juking thats broken,truck stick should be put back in and i miss that the planting of the hand on the ground when changing direction.That was in as recently as 09.id like a happy medium on the dl/ol interaction too heh
Old 08-09-2012, 07:37 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 10

this is laughable.

Blocking is horrible in the game after 7 years on next gen console. Still the offensive and defensive pass interference don't work after 7 years on console. Presentation is hit and miss. There is so much more, but this franchise is really stagnant and a NCAA 12.5 effort.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:20 PM   #45
Banned

siouxredskins's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayenomics
Anyone saying the running game is broken do not know how to run the ball.

Period.

End of Story.

I consistently run, on Heisman default, for 150+ yards a game. There are certain plays to avoid, but pitches, dives, and power running work perfectly.
most of us mean against other humans. Abusing AI isnt hard at all.

but the blocking logic is too dumb and cand be exploited with no effort
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2012, 08:26 PM   #46
Rookie

FSUNolez's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by siouxredskins
most of us mean against other humans. Abusing AI isnt hard at all.

but the blocking logic is too dumb and cand be exploited with no effort
I wish there was a way to see stats from online games but I've played over 100 games online against humans and I know I easily average 100 yards a game.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:32 PM   #47
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Everyone loves 06 so much. Am I the only person on OS who loved 07? I never had more fun than that one.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:21 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
Everyone loves 06 so much. Am I the only person on OS who loved 07? I never had more fun than that one.
I still play 07 on PS2 and haven't bought a next gen game since I got tired of 09. I have 06, but I got 07 first and I'm straight addicted to it. The only thing that bugs me is that the USC-ND game isn't locked into the schedule, which bugs me when I'm playing Dynasty with a non-USC team and have to fix the schedule every year via making and deleting a new coach. Small hassle to play a very fun and not-glitchy game. I have heard very little since I've played 09 to make me want to buy a new NCAA game. When I get a PS3 (I no longer have my 360) I think I'll buy 11 (which I think is a little better than 12) and wait some years until I hear about an NCAA worth buying new.

I was hoping this year would make me want to buy, because I played last year and it was fun, but there were a ton of bugs and I heard about more and more glitches and breaks happening as tuners and patches were released. When I heard of the Heisman challenge, I knew it was a bad omen. I wish EA would release a working product they don't break trying to fix. Gameplay>>>presentation>>>>>>gimmicky modes and broken features. NCAA 12 finally had the custom playbooks which I thought were dope, and the coaching carousel, but they were maligned with serious issues.

I love college football, but I don't know how anyone can afford to just hand these people $60 when you know they're not even trying to earn it.

Last edited by nofx94; 08-09-2012 at 11:40 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »