Home

10-2 First Season, To Good.

This is a discussion on 10-2 First Season, To Good. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2012, 04:17 PM   #17
Rookie

TitanUP2's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 10-2 First Season, To Good.

I was going to make a new thread but I'll piggy back on top of BadAssHsker's thread (if that's cool with him). I feel I'm in the same boat as him.

I went 9-3 (got beat by SC,FL,TN) in my first year with Vandy on Heisman. For the first 8 games i was default heisman level no adjustments (losing 2 of those). Then I switched to Heartstoppers sliders (with RB ability turned up) due to me starting win comfortable on default Heisman. i only lost 1 game of the last 5 but had some nail biters in everyone of them. Stats were great imo. I didn't lead any categories except for sacks. Which I think is a commen thing with this game.

So I stuck with Heartstoppers Heisman and went 9-3 (got beat by GA,TN,SC) again with every one of my wins except (Kentucky) being no more than a 10 point victory. Every game I had was a grind to win and if I don't make a play here and there I could easily have had a drasticly different record. Stats were dead on as well except for sacks again.

For my bowl game I wanted to test a different slider set due to Heartstoppers sliders seemed to make the cpu ai blocking not very smart. So I went with Authentics Heisman Set and even though Mich State (92 off,86 off, 89 overall) threw 4 picks I won by 10 with them making a furious comeback at the end. Game felt good and smooth with me having to work hard on defense to make a stop. I could move the ball on offense but I had to be on point.

After my second season I'm still only rated a 85 off,78 def, 80 overall. I'm going to run with Authentics for year 3 but I just don't know if I should be having this much success this early with a team like Vandy.

I just don't like to win all the time cause it gets old quick.

One thing is for sure it sounds like I have Slideritious!
Old 08-07-2012, 04:26 PM   #18
Rookie

I don't know, I can't even get through one year of dynasty!
Old 08-07-2012, 05:12 PM   #19
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanUP2
I was going to make a new thread but I'll piggy back on top of BadAssHsker's thread (if that's cool with him). I feel I'm in the same boat as him.

I went 9-3 (got beat by SC,FL,TN) in my first year with Vandy on Heisman. For the first 8 games i was default heisman level no adjustments (losing 2 of those). Then I switched to Heartstoppers sliders (with RB ability turned up) due to me starting win comfortable on default Heisman. i only lost 1 game of the last 5 but had some nail biters in everyone of them. Stats were great imo. I didn't lead any categories except for sacks. Which I think is a commen thing with this game.

So I stuck with Heartstoppers Heisman and went 9-3 (got beat by GA,TN,SC) again with every one of my wins except (Kentucky) being no more than a 10 point victory. Every game I had was a grind to win and if I don't make a play here and there I could easily have had a drasticly different record. Stats were dead on as well except for sacks again.

For my bowl game I wanted to test a different slider set due to Heartstoppers sliders seemed to make the cpu ai blocking not very smart. So I went with Authentics Heisman Set and even though Mich State (92 off,86 off, 89 overall) threw 4 picks I won by 10 with them making a furious comeback at the end. Game felt good and smooth with me having to work hard on defense to make a stop. I could move the ball on offense but I had to be on point.

After my second season I'm still only rated a 85 off,78 def, 80 overall. I'm going to run with Authentics for year 3 but I just don't know if I should be having this much success this early with a team like Vandy.

I just don't like to win all the time cause it gets old quick.

One thing is for sure it sounds like I have Slideritious!
This is a good example of why i like to have a test season. I use the test season basically to just get the sliders how i want them without the intention of playing a second season with a team. I'll generally just pick a team i like enough to play 13 games with but not enough to get that tied up into it.

As for your situation it doesn't sound like your sliders are set yet. I would suggest going into season 2 and focusing on what you think you are doing too well and what you think the CPU is struggling to do against you and tweak your sliders from there. That way you can decide on a season 3 or a new dynasty. In your case it seems your in more games than you should be and i would use that dynasty as a testing ground.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:41 PM   #20
R.2
Rookie

R.2's Arena

OVR: 10

I would say keep going and adjust the sliders. I was using Utah and in the first season I went 13-1 and won the national championship.....I wanted to restart but since I was posting on a forum, just decided to move on and make the sliders more difficult. So far in season 2, I am 2-2 with losses to USC and Stanford back to back.

Dances With Wolves | A Minnesota Timberwolves Association
Old 08-07-2012, 05:55 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 6

it caused me to re-start my maryland dynasty. well that and maryland had no decent rivals for me to hate on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2012, 06:28 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 9

The thing I always look at is how the games are playing ...

If you are constantly blowing out opponents on route to a undefeated record there is probably an issue.

If at a mediocre school you are outrecruiting the best there is probably an issue.

I wanted to do a coordinator dynasty and try to move up, so I'm at Kent St. ... I play to my strengths, I am 17-4 in 2 seasons as offensive coordinator. I've had a ton of fun watching my personal offense evolve, as I've really started to figure out how to pass the ball. I was a real gunner year 1, had 35 TDS to 29 INT. With a few games left in year 2, I have 30 TD to 14 INT. I'm winning games because I am executing a lot better. I have balance in playcalling. My running backs run nearly 44 times a game. I pass nearly 24. A lot of that running is in blowouts where I just try to kill clock.

I don't feel I should quit out because maybe my team is exceeding expectations (#18, 8-1 year 2) because I feel like I have been challenged. I have had some very competitive games (an upset at then #14 Clemson by 3, a loss to Eastern Michigan by 3). I've been tearing it up in the MAC other than my loss, but returned all my key offensive pieces. I don't recruit because I'm the coordinator and therefore put recruiting on freshman where they get a realistic class of mostly 2* players.

As long as you don't feel like you are cheesing, no reason to quit out.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:10 PM   #23
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Well, i grabbed the newest community roster, dropped qb qccuracy for human, dropped human ints,, which were 2 concerns. Martinez is a 79 throw accuracy in the new roster file.

I saved the file of my original dynasty just incase, but feel really good about starting fresh again.

Only problem, i had high hopes for a qd i recruited in my first fynasty, 3* gem if you will. My new qb pickup, a 4* upon first scouting dropped a point and is a C for accuracy.

All in a days work.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:42 PM   #24
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrollbar
it caused me to re-start my maryland dynasty. well that and maryland had no decent rivals for me to hate on.
West Virginia. SCHEDULE THEM EVERY SEASON.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »