Home

recruiting advisor bonus

This is a discussion on recruiting advisor bonus within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2012, 10:54 AM   #1
Rookie

dmildagreat's Arena

OVR: 0
recruiting advisor bonus

Every once in awhile I get a recruiting advisor bonus when calling a recruit. It seems to double my pitch points. I haven't been able to determine when or why this happens. Does anyone know? Is there a way to know before you call them?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2012, 11:02 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: recruiting advisor bonus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmildagreat
Every once in awhile I get a recruiting advisor bonus when calling a recruit. It seems to double my pitch points. I haven't been able to determine when or why this happens. Does anyone know? Is there a way to know before you call them?
It is random. Some weeks you get the bonus and the bonus only applies to 3 or 4 players. Last year, every week you got 1 of 4 bonuses.

- recruiting bonus
- instant commit from a player you are #1 on
- unlock some pitches for a certain number of recruits
- jump into the top 10 of a 4 or 5 star player

The last one is pretty much gone this year (you always jump into the top 10 of any player if you just put him on your list)
Old 08-08-2012, 11:04 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

I do not believe there is a way to know when it will happen. It is the same bonus that occurred randomly last year, as well. Although last year, I believe the player had an X2 next to his name on the week that he got the bonus. Last year if one got the bonus in one week, three players that week would have the bonus; I have not looked into how it works this year, but one could assume that it would work the same way.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:35 PM   #4
Rookie

VonRye's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhunt26
I do not believe there is a way to know when it will happen. It is the same bonus that occurred randomly last year, as well. Although last year, I believe the player had an X2 next to his name on the week that he got the bonus. Last year if one got the bonus in one week, three players that week would have the bonus; I have not looked into how it works this year, but one could assume that it would work the same way.
If you purchase the Recruiting Advisor add-on pack, it will tell you which 3 players will get the double recruiting points in the weeks they are being awarded. It will also tell you when someone is ready to sign in a particular week. In that case, all you have to do is spend one 10-min. call on them and they commit instantly.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:54 PM   #5
Rookie

ShaggyUte's Arena

OVR: 9

I believe I tried using the advisor bonus while negative recruitng without success last year. I tried it again this year and it worked like a charm. I was get -100 to -200 points while recruiting against USC. Is this a new feature this year or am I just an idiot?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2012, 09:53 PM   #6
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortobc
It is random. Some weeks you get the bonus and the bonus only applies to 3 or 4 players. Last year, every week you got 1 of 4 bonuses.

- recruiting bonus
- instant commit from a player you are #1 on
- unlock some pitches for a certain number of recruits
- jump into the top 10 of a 4 or 5 star player

The last one is pretty much gone this year (you always jump into the top 10 of any player if you just put him on your list)
From what I can tell, it's the same this year, minus the old pink diamonds (#4 on your list) since you can do that with everyone now.

I've gotten:
  • X2s on recruits (without the icon telling me that it's a X2)
  • Insta-commits from guys that had me #1 to whom I had already offered a schollie in a previous week.
  • Unlocked pitches on recruits (without the padlock telling me so)
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »