Home

epic game vs top 100 player must see

This is a discussion on epic game vs top 100 player must see within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2012, 04:03 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 25
Good god! Just reminds me why I have ZERO interest in playing online... Haven't played an online sports game since 07.... And I'm really fine with that.

Nauseating. That isn't football...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2012, 04:27 PM   #42
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: epic game vs top 100 player must see

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Conservative would have been much smarter in that situation. I'm sorry but I rather take my chances punting the ball and possibly pinning him inside the 20 with no timeouts left and a 7 point lead instead of passing it on 3rd and stopping the clock. Then he throws a pick on 4th down giving him good field position with plenty of time left. If you believe that was good strategy then your clock management is just as bad as his was.
Do the math on your "chances." Assuming he didn't edit out any of the drives, this is FSU's approximate drive chart:

4 plays. 80 yards :25 (TD)
1 play. (INT)
2 plays, 80 yards :15 (TD)
3 plays, 50 yards :15 (FG as half ended)
7 plays, 80 yards 1:05 (TD)
5 plays, 70 yards 1:25 (FG)
4 plays, 80 yards :30 (TD)
--> This is where he has to make his decision.

So, your plan is to kick the ball deep and give him only 40-45 seconds to drive the field for a TD? I mean, he'd only done that three times in his seven possessions and then promptly added a 4th after the turnover.

Bama was getting completely scorched by this guy's passing game (400+ yards), going for it was absolutely the right call. When you compare how well Bama had been moving the ball on offense to how horribly they had been playing D, then surrendering possession is completely insane.

Last edited by IlluminatusUIUC; 08-12-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:12 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
Do the math on your "chances." Assuming he didn't edit out any of the drives, this is FSU's approximate drive chart:

4 plays. 80 yards :25 (TD)
1 play. (INT)
2 plays, 80 yards :15 (TD)
3 plays, 50 yards :15 (FG as half ended)
7 plays, 80 yards 1:05 (TD)
5 plays, 70 yards 1:25 (FG)
4 plays, 80 yards :30 (TD)
--> This is where he has to make his decision.

So, your plan is to kick the ball deep and give him only 40-45 seconds to drive the field for a TD? I mean, he'd only done that three times in his seven possessions and then promptly added a 4th after the turnover.

Bama was getting completely scorched by this guy's passing game (400+ yards), going for it was absolutely the right call. When you compare how well Bama had been moving the ball on offense to how horribly they had been playing D, then surrendering possession is completely insane.
Yes I would have punted it too him with a huge possibility of pinning him inside the 20 with 30-40 seconds left(No timeouts) and took a chance with my defense. I personally don't know what kind of coverage he was playing anyway but I would have been in some kind of coverage where he would have had no choice but to throw it underneath.. Seems like he kept calling some kind of coverage where he was getting beat over the top by the same play..

Maybe he had to do that with how the game was going for him but I have confindence in my playcalling and USER skills on defense to where I would have punted the ball and forced him to go 85 or more yards for the TD..
Old 08-12-2012, 07:06 PM   #44
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Illuminat is defending a cheese gamer, he must play that way himself. Jarrod is right. Hell even take a delay of game before punting, kick it as high as you toward the corner. Its pretty easy to pin guys deep.

That video sucked. It's hard for me to listen to a guy, then read his comments, justifying playing the game so insanely idiotically cheesy. Ranked matches are terrible. This is why I was happy the leaderboards were broken so all you shake blitzing AI glitchers were squirming for a while unable to satisfy your Internet Ego with cheese wins.

This is OS, the owners and mods describe it as a place for sim gamers to unite as a community, don't know why lameball no skill play like this is advertised as if it should be applauded. Post this somewhere else.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:34 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 4

If this video is good for anything it is showing how completely broken this game is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2012, 08:46 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
Illuminat is defending a cheese gamer, he must play that way himself. Jarrod is right. Hell even take a delay of game before punting, kick it as high as you toward the corner. Its pretty easy to pin guys deep.

That video sucked. It's hard for me to listen to a guy, then read his comments, justifying playing the game so insanely idiotically cheesy. Ranked matches are terrible. This is why I was happy the leaderboards were broken so all you shake blitzing AI glitchers were squirming for a while unable to satisfy your Internet Ego with cheese wins.

This is OS, the owners and mods describe it as a place for sim gamers to unite as a community, don't know why lameball no skill play like this is advertised as if it should be applauded. Post this somewhere else.
This wasn't a ranked game. It was a tournament game. I don't care about the leader boards. What exactly sim gaming?? in reality there is no such thing. Because the game is programmed and codded. every game is taking advantage of the AI. For example a smart routed out route will kill man every time. corner routes the corner pretty much falls on his face. I call cover 4 and the deep zones let the receiver run by him.. I can go on and on. So if you ever call any effective play it is taking advantage of the AI. Last example is if anybody calls the read option then that is an abuse... the AI doesn't react when playing zone well. Heck even that pa wr cross play he ran was pretty much stock all he did was drag 1 receiver.

I don't mind overload blitzes or anything else my opponent does as long as there is a counter to it. That is what makes the game a chess match.

This years game is especially hard to play "sim" ball because this game is so broken and EA just doesn't care.

I will leave you with this... Remember when sean payton kicked an onside in the super bowl to start the second half?? guessed you called him a cheese ball and threw Cheetos at the TV screen..
Old 08-12-2012, 09:06 PM   #47
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by routecombo
This wasn't a ranked game. It was a tournament game. I don't care about the leader boards. What exactly sim gaming?? in reality there is no such thing. Because the game is programmed and codded. every game is taking advantage of the AI. For example a smart routed out route will kill man every time. corner routes the corner pretty much falls on his face. I call cover 4 and the deep zones let the receiver run by him.. I can go on and on. So if you ever call any effective play it is taking advantage of the AI. Last example is if anybody calls the read option then that is an abuse... the AI doesn't react when playing zone well. Heck even that pa wr cross play he ran was pretty much stock all he did was drag 1 receiver.

I don't mind overload blitzes or anything else my opponent does as long as there is a counter to it. That is what makes the game a chess match.

This years game is especially hard to play "sim" ball because this game is so broken and EA just doesn't care.

I will leave you with this... Remember when sean payton kicked an onside in the super bowl to start the second half?? guessed you called him a cheese ball and threw Cheetos at the TV screen..
Who needs preseason football....this thread is entertaining enough...LMAO

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Old 08-12-2012, 11:00 PM   #48
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by routecombo

Maybe in the warped online world running certain plays is taking advantage of AI but that is not the goal for the sim people we talk about. Your playcalling should be what wins, not how much you can abuse the AI. Your stick skills should be what wins, not abusing a play because you know it works.

People should be running plays to defeat their opponent, and its a disappointment it can't be done because of the easy difficulty online coupled with the flaws of this game.

The old school fair play rules made these games a lot more fun to play online. Sure there are times in real life where people have an unusual tendancy. Typically once in a great while.

You won't see Coach Payton going for two every TD, going for 4th down in the 4th quarter, going for an onside every kickoff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »