Home

How do you HIT STICK?!

This is a discussion on How do you HIT STICK?! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2012, 05:41 PM   #9
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: How do you HIT STICK?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canefan17
How do you use the hit stick this year to make impact big hits?

Specifically users online use the one where they chop my players feet out from under him causing a fumble (regardless of my conservative run setting)

Any tutorials on this. I'm in practice and finding it harder to do than I thought
The one thing that makes hit stick hits online easy for some people is because their opponents tend to get predictable in the way they run. They'll always bounce outside or they'll always try to cut a certain direction in open field and so it makes the timing really easy. A lot of online players try to big hit every tackle and you can usually just make quick changes of directions and defeat that tactic.

When you're the one trying to big hit, it is 100% timing. There is a lot less leeway in NCAA 13 than there has been in the past. Too early or too late and you'll bounce right off the ball carrier or flat miss. I wish I could help describe the timing but it has always been just a feel thing for me. Just keep practicing and pick your spots, start by big hitting when you know you've got help from CPU controlled players in case you miss then as you get a feel for it, you can work on open field big hits.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:29 PM   #10
Rookie

8mileroad's Arena

OVR: 3

It helps to strafe when appropriate and come in under control. If you hold sprint in you're much more likely to not only miss a hit stick but flat out miss a tackle and run right by your opponent.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:37 PM   #11
Madden & NBA 2K fanatic

Joobieo's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pielet

LOL! Didn't realize what I even said until you pointed it out.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »