Home

General observations so far

This is a discussion on General observations so far within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2012, 09:25 PM   #17
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: General observations so far

Heisman isn't too hard, it's just bullsh*t. I still dominate, but it isn't fun at all when you repeatedly see impossible things happen.

My stats are impossible, of course, but they're acquired by sound football and realistic physical displays. I don't utilize 290 lb guys to track down speedy backs to come up with the stats. THe CPU does on Heisman.

Basically, I'd just like the computer to outsmart me or at least change it up. The only way they can seem to score is when I'm going for the sack and it changes to my CB who dives and the WR strolls in. That, or my pass defender inexplicably jukes away from the WR as he catches the ball (w/o my taking over).

It drives me nuts.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:25 PM   #18
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0

Alright. I give up. Clearly you're too godly at this game and no suggestions we make will fix anything. I'd like to see a screenshot of your season statistics if you don't mind. Because you're so great and all.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:08 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 0

Some of y'all are being awful condescending. And regardless of the gameplay (which maybe could be altered with sliders, but the op has pointed out that he's dealing with the glitchy CPU), there's still a problem with the game's simulation, isn't there? All the upsets, the unrealistic records... And the fact that Missouri didn't attempt any runs isn't a slider problem, is it?
Old 08-14-2012, 01:52 AM   #20
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

I hope all Oregon fans aren't like u. I'm not bragging. I don't know how to do a screenshot.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:15 AM   #21
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
Dude. It doesn't matter what defense you're running, I don't care if you're Alabama or LSU, you need a higher difficulty. Getting -200 Rushing yards per season is ridiculous and completely unrealistic. Stop playing on varsity, clearly it's too easy for you. And if you're using the Gators I find it hard to believe you could get -200 rushing yards on AA or above. They aren't spectacular this year, or last year for that matter.
1 - Good job assuming varsity....you know, don't ASK or anything.

2 - Florida's D-line and top 2 LBs are all great, and have enough quality DTs to run a 5-2.

3 - I'll admit how I play defense is too effective in terms of reality. I was hoping the new version of the game might change that, but it's only gotten more severe.

Some stats (you'll have to believe me.....)
my QBs (starter hurt) have about a 200 rating, 32 TDs, 10 ints, 68%
I run the ball more than I pass it, have a 1700 yd rusher with 30 TDs
his backup has 1000 yds, 14 TDs. They both average 9-9.5 yds/carry
My TE will end up with around 1000 yds and has 16 TDs
My split WR is the next leading receiver, and the 2 outside guys are marginal
On Defense:
I have 4 guys with 20+ TFL, 4 guys with 13 or more sacks
only 13 INTs in 12 games, much lower than last year's version avg
backup RB has 4 punt return TDs

As a team:
i'm middle-of-the pack in passing yds (2498), 8th in pass TD (32)
4th in rushing yds (3005), 1st in rush TD (56, next team has 32)
1st in scoring (57 ppg), allowed 8 sacks
59% 3rd down converted (1st)
Red zone eff 96% (1st) - 61 TD, 3 FG

ok, here's the crazy team D:
857 total yds allowed, 2nd place gave up 3227
allowed 1579 passing yds (1st)
allowed -722 rushing yds (2nd place allowed 1550)
74 pts allowed, next best is 163
108 sacks, 2nd has 54
only 4 fumbles and 12 picks
Red zone D: 9 att, 1 TD allowed, 3 FG = 44% scoring (all 1st)

And a problem in every version of NCAA: 11 penalties (fewest, 2nd has 65)
Only +4 in turnover margin
GIving up 71.4 yds/game on D, 458.5 on O
My RB was leading the heisman, but of course he broke his arm in the 12th game and dropped off the list

You want anything else, let me know. I'm disappointed that this is more lax than '12, and the fact another team didn't even attempt a rush sucks.
The fact the CPU often only has 5 blockers sucks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2012, 02:15 AM   #22
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeafroman
I'M NOT PLAYING ON VARISTY!!!!!

I always start it on AA. The -200 yds for a season was on '12. In this year's version it's more. I'm feeling it out still. You can set the sliders as extreme as you want, the results are the same.

How is running my base D cheesing? In reality, you run your base D until the other team shows something to make you change. I played around with a 3-4 some last year, but the sacks were the same, but didn't shut down the run as well.
Is it my fault the computer never does anything to make me deviate from the 5-2?

I understand it's unrealistic, and I haven't tried it on Heisman yet. Every single year I put it on Heisman and the computer's DTs are running my RBs and WRs down from behind and it's a joke. If they EVER made Heisman about awareness instead of superhuman garbage, I'll play it. I'd rather have unrealistic stats on AA with sliders than complete cartoon-type gameplay on Heisman.

The problem with this thinking for this game is there is no Adaptive AI. So, if you are waiting for the CPU to adapt to what you're doing you'll be waiting forever while leading the nation is sacks and negative rushing yards by 1,000. There are many things you can do to make your playing experience more realistic and enjoyable. A lot of guys on this forum have been working hard to come up with ideas, sliders and roster edits to do just that. This game has flaws directly out of the box...flaws that the user can take advantage of.

BUT...

EA gave us full reigns in editing. So a couple of things off the top of my head:

1) Pursuit- The pursuit ratings for players out of the box is ridiculously high...especially for defensive lineman. You may wanna check that out.

2) AI blocking- They need YOUR help! Try raising their ACCELERATION rating and raising the PASS BLK/RUN BLK slider while toning your PASS DEFENSE and RUSH DEFENSE slider down.

3) Coaching Sliders- A couple of guys have come up with some excellent coaching sliders in the SLIDER section of this site. Check em out.

4) As hard as it may be for you...expand your horizons as a defensive coach lol! I mean since you're dominating running the 5-2...how good would you do running 3-3-5, 4-3, 3-4 or 4-2-5 ? Challenge yourself...do something different!

5) Do you switch men on defense so that you make all the plays yourself? If so, then try playing as 1 guy during the entire play and let you CPU teammates play their position.

In other words, use what's at your disposal to make the game more fun and challenging for you! Come on bro!
Old 08-14-2012, 02:40 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 4

LOL, Best Buy is giving $40 for trade in on this game, i bought it on amazon for $45, so it was a decent rental

tonight the game just crashed trying to go into position changes

this game
Old 08-17-2012, 12:18 AM   #24
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

TarHeel, thanks for your helpful, prudent reply.

So for fun, just to make sure, I played my first game in year 2 of my dynasty on Heisman. It reaffirmed all the crap I was afraid of, and reminded me why I never play on that setting.

7 ND @ 9 Florida, pretty evenly-matched, both 97 overall rating. We all know how jacked up ND is, for no particular reason.

I get the ball, 3 running plays, have to punt. Weird. They get the ball, their RB breaks 3 tackles and scores on a long run. Also weird.

That I can deal with. I get the ball, takes over 10 plays, but I score to tie it up. Fine. Their next possession is Exhibit A why I never play on Heisman.

The slide blocking that allowed me to get 100+ sacks in the previous season still happened. They'd send 5 guys out nearly every play (stupid), I'd run the same defense I always do, and my DE would come free, unblocked over and over.

In this one drive, their QB #11 (no one special), shrugged off my 91-rated, 300 lb DE four freaking times!!!!! Once? Fine. Twice in a game? Sure.
4 times on one drive, kiss my ***!

Now, I barely won, as offense was tough (mainly because running plays were useless and something I'll mention in a minute). However, they only had 139 total yds and I did get 7 sacks. If I got 7 sacks where everything worked out and they were earned and that was that, sure that's fine. But when their QB shrugs off a quality DE 7-8 times in a game, it's total BS.

And on offense, I gave up briefly in the 3rd quarter, going for it deep in my own territory because of the BS. 3 times I had a guy open behind the defense, basically a TD waiting to happen. All 3 times, the ball was off the mark, with or without pressure being applied to my QB.

So basically, in the 20 years of this game, they've never made a Heisman setting that is difficult due to footbal acumen and not bullsh*t. It's frustrating and sad, and I'll stick to dominating on AA, at least it's realistic football, if not realistic stats.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »