Home

Defensive Heisman Winners

This is a discussion on Defensive Heisman Winners within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #9
Rookie

noles367's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Defensive Heisman Winners

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutsdabeast
I have a Junior DE who had 17 sacks, 6 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovery, & 1 defensive TD.

My questions are. Is there any way to even get a defensive player nominated for a Heisman? If so, can I get some advice on doing it? I've never even seen a defensive player considered for the award in any iteration of next gen NCAA.

Is this a glitch? I mean I understand you have to be a special defender to be nominated for the trophy in real life, but this sucks that only RBs & QBs win this award.

BTW I play on Heisman with custom sliders. I don't wish to start nano blitzing to get unbelievably unrealistic numbers. I just need to know if it's even possible to accomplish this feat.
You want a defensive player to win the Heisman with realistic stats? I don't see how that makes sense. They don't win the heisman trophy, save for 1 time. To win it IRL or in the game the only way it could/would happen is to put up ridiculous stats. 17 sacks isn't really even close to an NCAA record so there's alot of room for your guy to go before you get to "unrealistic" stats.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeafroman
Well let's see, in 70+ Heismans, there's been 1 defensive winner, and he played some offense.

So if they're shooting for realism, then no defender should win it.
That I also understand. But I'm also talking about nomination. A nomination could go a long way. The "Honey Badger" was a candidate & I believe he only plays special teams.

I've never even seen a defensive player on the list. I also had a CB with 12 interceptions with 6 return for TDs. If that's not a finalist I don't know who is.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:21 PM   #11
Madden & NBA 2K fanatic

Joobieo's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
That I also understand. But I'm also talking about nomination. A nomination could go a long way. The "Honey Badger" was a candidate & I believe he only plays special teams.

I've never even seen a defensive player on the list. I also had a CB with 12 interceptions with 6 return for TDs. If that's not a finalist I don't know who is.
Yeah he ended up 5th in the voting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2012, 06:00 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by noles367
You want a defensive player to win the Heisman with realistic stats? I don't see how that makes sense. They don't win the heisman trophy, save for 1 time. To win it IRL or in the game the only way it could/would happen is to put up ridiculous stats. 17 sacks isn't really even close to an NCAA record so there's alot of room for your guy to go before you get to "unrealistic" stats.
I understand those stats aren't Terrell Suggsish but they are better than good. It's also hard to get pressure on the QB without nano-blitzing...or the QB being a jittery runner.

I'll try to get 20+ sacks for his Senior year. That won't be easy but I'll see what I can do. He's pretty good but not sure if he's 20 sack good.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:54 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:

Um no. He led LSU in tackles with 71, 5 fumbles (2 for TDs), and 2 INTs. To go along with 2 return TDs.

You can't play only special teams and win the Bednarik.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:02 PM   #14
Banned

H Dot Verseman's Arena

OVR: 1

I would also like to see more emphasis put on defensive stats in real life regarding the Heisman. If that trophy goes to the most outstanding player, there should certainly be more candidates for defensive players who shut teams down.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:12 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmcman1
Um no. He led LSU in tackles with 71, 5 fumbles (2 for TDs), and 2 INTs. To go along with 2 return TDs.

You can't play only special teams and win the Bednarik.
I meant only special teams other than defensive back. Meaning not on offense. But thanks for the correction.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2012, 11:36 AM   #16
Just started!

OVR: 0

i got 62.5 sacks and came in second so its alot harder then it looks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »