Home

Next Year

This is a discussion on Next Year within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2003, 09:36 PM   #9
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Next Year

I was hoping for next year that maybe they could put in a special area for each coach. Such as one coach might be a great recruiter, but bad coach (Mack Brown) While others might be good at half time adjusments... I think this would be a great thing... And please I hope that they somehow put in something that goes with each school were some schools have a good recruit rating, while others don't..... I mean no Big 10 team should ever finish around 90 in recruiting. Last but not least... Add an accelerated(sp?) clock like Madden and make teams play closer to real life, more runs please!!!
Old 10-21-2003, 09:41 PM   #10
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43

1. Rotating schedule
2. Bigger rosters
3. Different Classic Games
4. In-game Saves
5. Accelerated Clock
6. Little nitpicky, but how bout correct name font on the jerseys, instead of the same for each team? They got the number style right, how bout the names?
7. More team entrances (Michigan's banner, for example).
Old 10-21-2003, 10:05 PM   #11
Cr*m*n*lly *nd*rr*t*d

LetsGoPitt's Arena

OVR: 27

Not sure how much the accelerated clock would help though, since there's only a 25 second clock. If they can find a way to make it work, I'm all for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2003, 08:55 PM   #12
BIG
MVP

OVR: 10

Better, and more in-game celebrations. After a big hit or big run there should be a lot more different types of celebrations. It gets a little repettitive after awhile

also there should be team celebrations after big game changing plays like a hail mary td or something.

There needs to be a HUGE change in atmosphere in title games, bowl games, NC games, and big rivalry games. I dont know how, but there needs to be something.

I would also like to be able to see what my recruit looks like before i recruit him. Maybe instead of having that generic Penn State like looking helmet at the top of the screen in recruiting there should be a picture of the recruit that is selected.
Old 10-23-2003, 02:45 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 6

My roommate has NCAA, but I haven't played it enough to know if they tear down goal posts. That would be an awesome feature, especially in big upsets.
Old 10-23-2003, 07:54 AM   #14
MVP

dcleve11's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:

bender_over said:
My roommate has NCAA, but I haven't played it enough to know if they tear down goal posts. That would be an awesome feature, especially in big upsets.

The NCAA made them take it out
Old 10-23-2003, 08:45 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 2

I'm all for more accurate team uniforms. Each year they screw up about 50 or so teams. Either get it right or give us an option to edit uni's. For example, Michigan wore blue socks their last home game, they also wore them at the end of last season, but still, they're not in the game. Also, chin strap colors need to match what teams wear in real life. Revolution helmets would be nice too. I may be nitpicking but, to me, it would enhance the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2003, 01:25 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

LetsGoPitt said:
Quote:

TexanWolverine said:
I'd like the ability to hire a staff, and i,e. have coordinators call plays in certain situations.

I like this idea, along with the stadium construction idea.

I'd love to have a more career feel to coaching. When you move to a low-prestige school, your prestige goes down, and I don't think that's fair. If you won three straight national championships with Ohio State, fans and players should be excited when you decide to become the head coach of the 1-star Idaho Vandals. Recruits might actually give your team a look now based on the fact that a well-known and successful coach is there.

I'd also like to have things similar to the owner mode in Madden and NHL where you schedule practices during the off-week (focus on things that were bad the game before, for example), and have to hire coaches, training staffs, etc. None of that NHL RPG stuff though.

Of course, EA will probably just give us more mascot teams...

That is a really good idea! What about what 989 sports did a few years ago, maybe still do. When you start you like some cord. and work your way up to become a head coach!
One thing I would like to see is the weather change, and have the field a little torn up! How about some snow nex't year for schools up north, instead of it always raining! When it rains the field gets real sloppy, and torn up, on this game it makes a few marks but once your players pass that point it goes back to normal!
Even though I don't like them, add the new helmets and facemasks, along with other features Madden has had the past few years that still doesn't get into Ncaa.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »