Home

Freezing Theory

This is a discussion on Freezing Theory within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2012, 05:27 PM   #9
Rookie

husker237's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Freezing Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
So all of the xbox and ps3 users who have freezing issues with NCAA 13 and no other game have a bad console?
Exactly, NCAA is the only game that freezes on me. The most games I've made it without it freezing is 2. If I even make it to a third game it will freeze. I usually just restart my system after every game. It's a pain, but it's the only way I feel safe.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:34 PM   #10
Rookie

aerovt's Arena

OVR: 3

it certainly could be a bad batch of NCAA disks, but its not related to who you bought it from
Old 08-13-2012, 05:38 PM   #11
Rookie

FSU Spear 'Em's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
and this theory....is comical

you are most certainly thinking too much...
Drinking or smoking too much more like it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2012, 05:46 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

My local Gamestop got a bad batch of NCAA 07 discs. I thought I was crazy returning 3 of them to have them do the same thing. I ended up dropping the 360 completely that year and picked up a PS3. Best gaming move I have ever made.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:28 PM   #13
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
So all of the xbox and ps3 users who have freezing issues with NCAA 13 and no other game have a bad console?
So because your game freezes and mine doesn't, that indicates its just the game? Why doesn't mine freeze then? It should be consistent for everyone, correct? If not, then explain to me why yours freezes and mine doesn't and how that has nothing to do with your game, files, system, settings.

I had a ton of freezing issues last year. What i found that eliminates most of it is doing away with custom playbooks. I no longer use one and have very few freezing issues.

Is that a flaw in the game? Yes. But there's a workaround, don't use them. Madden did away with them for a reason. NCAA should have too, at least until the get them debugged and working correctly.

I know your going to want to say, "well its in the game. I should be able to use then." you should but maybe you just can't if you want to avoid freezing. My truck can go 120, does that mean it should?

Other than custom playbooks, corrupted files and maxed out hard drives have been pointed to as causes.

So yes, it's something specific to the user. It is not just the game, in general, as people like to casually throw around.

Try not using custom playbooks and see if that does not alleviate most of it. I bet it will. If it does not, try deleting the custom playbook files. Then roster files (those have been linked to freezing in isolated cases). Then re-installing the game and tuners.

There is a solution. It just may not be one you like...

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Old 08-13-2012, 06:44 PM   #14
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Got my game from Amazon for the 360. I've only had 1 freeze and I've finished 3+ seasons of Dynasty. Also, my freeze was at halftime of a game before the patch came out.

I don't use Custom Playbooks and have about 50GB of available memory in an Elite system that's 2+ years old.

I had more freezes with NBA 2k12 and Battlefield 3 than I have had with NCAA '13.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:02 PM   #15
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95
So because your game freezes and mine doesn't, that indicates its just the game? Why doesn't mine freeze then? It should be consistent for everyone, correct? If not, then explain to me why yours freezes and mine doesn't and how that has nothing to do with your game, files, system, settings.

I had a ton of freezing issues last year. What i found that eliminates most of it is doing away with custom playbooks. I no longer use one and have very few freezing issues.

Is that a flaw in the game? Yes. But there's a workaround, don't use them. Madden did away with them for a reason. NCAA should have too, at least until the get them debugged and working correctly.

I know your going to want to say, "well its in the game. I should be able to use then." you should but maybe you just can't if you want to avoid freezing. My truck can go 120, does that mean it should?

Other than custom playbooks, corrupted files and maxed out hard drives have been pointed to as causes.

So yes, it's something specific to the user. It is not just the game, in general, as people like to casually throw around.

Try not using custom playbooks and see if that does not alleviate most of it. I bet it will. If it does not, try deleting the custom playbook files. Then roster files (those have been linked to freezing in isolated cases). Then re-installing the game and tuners.

There is a solution. It just may not be one you like...
So you admit bugs cause freezing?

Then why are you angrily typing away as if someone hurt your feelings?

You want me to tell you why certain people have issues and others don't? Why? It's not my job to know the answer to that. Even the people whose job IS to program these games can't answer your question.

EA Themselves admit there are freezing issues and loading issues that they haven't figured out yet. Members here have called EA, and the reps basically told them 'you're out of luck until we figure out how to fix it."

Users have discovered that the studio updates cause freezing if a user plays more than one game a week, which cause them to play games out of order.

There are several bugs and glitches that cause freezing in the game. Some can't load their games. Some get freezes during recruiting. Some at halftime. Some at the end of the game.

All of them are not because of custom playbooks. If it was, EA themselves would have said that.

And even if custom playbooks were responsible for the hundreds of freezes that members here have posted about, why are you getting mad at the customers instead of the people who can't fix the problem?

Your car analogy was horrible. I'll give you a better one.

Someone buys a brand new car in the summer, but everytime they cut on the air conditioning, the car overheats. They log onto the car forum and find out that hundreds of people are having the same problem. Then one poster (tell me if this guy sounds familiar) says 'there is a solution. you just wont like it. just dont use the air conditioning. problem solved.'

To sit here and claim that everyone having issues, must either have a defective console or use custom playbooks is quite frankly pathetic, insulting, and petty of you. There wasn't 39 pages of people having freezing issues because of a broken console.

Last edited by DorianDonP; 08-13-2012 at 07:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2012, 07:57 PM   #16
Pro

cardinals57's Arena

OVR: 10

I got mine from Amazon and have only frozen once.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »