Home

Man coverage

This is a discussion on Man coverage within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2012, 07:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Man coverage

I absolutely LOVE this years game. I love recruiting, the games, the atmosphere.

The only thing that makes me want to throw my controller into the wall is human man coverage. When the CPU finishes their route at the bottom of the screen, the human defender will stand 3+ yards below the receiver
So when the receiver starts running a new route he's wide open.
This usually isn't a problem because I blitz so heavily but my OD's sliders have CPU pass blocking up very high. So when I don't bring heavy pressure if the CPU QB is patient they can get 15+ yards every time
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2012, 08:32 PM   #2
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Man coverage

Upcoming patch notes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch notes
EA Sports today released preliminary details on the first two patches in the pipeline for NCAA Football 13. The first is scheduled to release on July 31 and will address a crash experienced in Dynasty mode and a playcall screen bug. The second and more comprehensive patch is expected by the end of August and will work to improve gameplay deficiencies including zone coverage and some issues found in Dynasty and with custom playbooks.
As previously reported EA will be updating uniforms throughout the year – with any default sets being offered for free. So Missouri, Rutgers, Arkansas, Texas A&M, and others that were left out or inaccurate will be available to everyone. Other uniforms added along the way will presumably be paid DLC. That’ll all be made possible with the second patch.
Gameplay
•Zone Defense has been updated. Improved receiver leverage logic as well as predicting when a receiver will be in or out of their zone. Improved Deep Half Zone decision making about when to split between uncovered receivers. Also, allow more zone overlapping in deep half to cover more area. Deep half defenders were dropping too close to the sideline or dropping outside when no receiver was outside of their position.
•No-Huddle QB Spy bug fixed. Defenders won’t go into spy assignments in man coverage.
•Receivers weren’t looking for hot-read passes.
•CPU QBs passing during drop would get set passes instead of on-the-run inaccurate ones.
Man defender logic changed so won’t run into the backfield past the receiver they’re covering.
•Route running near sideline was causing issues especially on comeback routes.
•Fixed players not respecting show blitz/press/back off coverage after handing off a receiver.
•Fixed sideline streaks so they don’t get clamped where route would end after 10-15 yards.
•Drive summaries should now reset after each scoring drive.
General
•Increased the stability of the product by fixing various crashes.
•”Uniform Store" added
Dynasty
•Once a promise becomes active, it was duplicating after each week advance.
•Recruit Reports & Advisory options remained even after “Allow Time Savers” was turned off.
•Schools with D+ Program Tradition grades didn’t increase with wins and championships.
•In the off-season, post season games were not shown to have been played.
Custom Playbooks
•Fixed where CPU coaches with custom playbooks had players lining up close to the ball.
•Fixed where user unable to create offensive playbook that consisted of 1 of every formation.
•Fixed where user sometimes lost functionality after the UI disappears in Custom Playbooks.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »