Home

disabling automatic bids = better than playoff

This is a discussion on disabling automatic bids = better than playoff within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2012, 09:06 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
disabling automatic bids = better than playoff

disabling all the automatic qualifiers and making each conference championship game "best record hosts" is essentially the best fix for all issues with BCS arguments

along with making each conference have the same rules, no protected rival rotations, all conferences can play on any day of the week, and all start conference as early as week 1 if possible, which makes schedualing as fair and balanced as possible across the nation

if SEC has 2 teams playing eachother in multiple major bowls each year, so be it

no more bias, guarantees best matchups in each bowl

am i missing anything?

maybe a step further would be completely retooling the conferences so they're balanced, rather than worry about location or rivalries

Last edited by eival; 08-14-2012 at 09:12 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2012, 09:23 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: disabling automatic bids = better than playoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by eival
disabling all the automatic qualifiers and making each conference championship game "best record hosts" is essentially the best fix for all issues with BCS arguments

along with making each conference have the same rules, no protected rival rotations, all conferences can play on any day of the week, and all start conference as early as week 1 if possible, which makes schedualing as fair and balanced as possible across the nation

if SEC has 2 teams playing eachother in multiple major bowls each year, so be it

am i missing anything?

maybe a step further would be completely retooling the conferences so they're balanced, rather than worry about location or rivalries
I have custom conferences with protected rivalries on. I have also turned all BCS games to at large and I am loving it.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:34 PM   #3
Pro

tarheelguy4736's Arena

OVR: 4

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ion-final.htmlThere's a relegation thread by Nation that is probably the best way to start a dynasty. You have three tiers with the top schools in the first tier and the average schools in the second tier and the below average schools in the third teir. You also turn scheduling to no known games and change around some of the bowl bids... At the end of the season you really do get a true number one and then make subsequent moves to balance out the conferences at the end of the season based on record. I would check out his thread if I were you if it's something you are interested in.

Last edited by tarheelguy4736; 08-14-2012 at 02:56 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:36 PM   #4
Rookie

Adat's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelguy4736
There's a relegation thread by Nation that is probably the best way to start a dynasty. You have three tiers with the top schools in the first tier and the average schools in the second tier and the below average schools in the third teir. You also turn scheduling to no known games and change around some of the bowl bids... At the end of the season you really do get a true number one and then make subsequent moves to balance out the conferences at the end of the season based on record. I would check out his thread if I were you if it's something you are interested in.
Maybe a link?
Old 08-14-2012, 02:56 PM   #5
Pro

tarheelguy4736's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adat
Maybe a link?
Updated my post
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2012, 12:48 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelguy4736
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ion-final.htmlThere's a relegation thread by Nation that is probably the best way to start a dynasty. You have three tiers with the top schools in the first tier and the average schools in the second tier and the below average schools in the third teir. You also turn scheduling to no known games and change around some of the bowl bids... At the end of the season you really do get a true number one and then make subsequent moves to balance out the conferences at the end of the season based on record. I would check out his thread if I were you if it's something you are interested in.
I do something similiar and have loved the results. So far through 8 years no 2nd tier teams have reached the NC game, and i've not had anyone included that was significantly out of place. So far i've only ever had 1 team (georgia) go 14-0 and NC. Usually its 2 1 loss teams in the NCG.

My setup:

4 regions (NE, SE, C, W) evenly divided
Top tier is 12 teams with best record hosting CC
2nd tier is 10 teams
3rd tier is 8/9 teams

Tier 1 champions granted a bcs slot each
Tier 2 champions granted bid each - but tied into facing each other (NE vs SE, C vs W)

Each year the champion goes up, worst in conf goes down. If a team ends up ranked in tier 2/3 and isnt ranked, they also go up with another team dropping. So far i've seen some cpu teams make big jumps (nevada is a top power in the west, some 4 star teams have dropped to 1 * epic failures).
Old 08-16-2012, 01:15 PM   #7
Rookie

BBlom13's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by eival

am i missing anything?

I'm trying my Dynasty with this, looks interesting.

Follow my Twitter! @thatBeebo

PSN- WindyCityFlyerr
Old 08-20-2012, 11:06 PM   #8
Rookie

KTMONEY420's Arena

OVR: 2
Is there a way to disable automatic bids for BCS bowls?

Is there a way to disable automatic bids for BCS bowls? I'm already into season one but looking to do it in season 2.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »