Home

Sliders, Rosters and Dynasty Questions

This is a discussion on Sliders, Rosters and Dynasty Questions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2012, 02:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Sliders, Rosters and Dynasty Questions

Hello fellow college football fans I was hoping to get some help. I love college football and I love this game however I haven't been able to play as much this year as I would like. I have been thinking about restarting my dynasty and wanted to know what people are using.

1) Who's rosters should I use? (I have been using the official OS rosters that were first released)

2) Who's sliders should I use? I usually only play offense (I know but it is what I like. I am using authentic's heisman 8 minutes on slow.)

3) Who's coaching sliders should I use? (I am using the default coaching sliders but I have been talking with Chedapalooza and he tells me to reverse the sliders during the game and put them back after the game. If I have to do that I will but it seems like a lot of work.)

4) What recruiting strategies do you use? (The last few years I used the 10 players at a time but I have been experimenting a think I could get away with 15 players at a time.)

Thank you everyone in advance for any help you may provide.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2012, 03:30 PM   #2
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Sliders, Rosters and Dynasty Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDM2004
Hello fellow college football fans I was hoping to get some help. I love college football and I love this game however I haven't been able to play as much this year as I would like. I have been thinking about restarting my dynasty and wanted to know what people are using.

1) Who's rosters should I use? (I have been using the official OS rosters that were first released)

This only implies if you are on an xbox, but if you can wait a couple weeks there will be a roster file coming out built specifically for dynasties, full player re-rates, body edits, equipment edits, and up to date player movement and depth charts for the start of the season. Here is an example of the body edits I am talking about. This rosters o-line on the left, community rosters o-line on the right.

2) Who's sliders should I use? I usually only play offense (I know but it is what I like. I am using authentic's heisman 8 minutes on slow.)

I've been using authentic's as well and I do feel they are the best ones out there.

3) Who's coaching sliders should I use? (I am using the default coaching sliders but I have been talking with Chedapalooza and he tells me to reverse the sliders during the game and put them back after the game. If I have to do that I will but it seems like a lot of work.)

4) What recruiting strategies do you use? (The last few years I used the 10 players at a time but I have been experimenting a think I could get away with 15 players at a time.)

The best recruiting strategy my friends and I use is we are not allowed to cut anyone, so if you have 11 seniors leaving, you can only sign 11 players to your recruiting class. This makes recruiting so much more fun and difficult as you have to really pay attention to who you offer schollies to, who is leaving your team, and what depth you have at every position on your team.

Thank you everyone in advance for any help you may provide.
Here are some answers my friends and I use. Hope they help!

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters

Last edited by cparrish; 08-14-2012 at 05:12 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:31 PM   #3
Rookie

As for recruiting, these tips may not be the best way, but it works good enough.

I usually do 35 on the board, but only scout the top 20 in preseason. If I have a ton of OL I may scout a few extra guys in the preseason.

You can play around with this as you like, but always reorder the players after you are done scouting by your preference. I don't really see a negative to having a full board. Just because they are on the board, you don't have to actually call them. You get some points for them simply being there, if they aren't recruited later in the season you may end up getting lower rated guys that are "the best that is left". The only thing is that I think that recruiting advisor bonus may appear less frequently if you have the full board? I'm not even sure how you get that exactly anyway.

Anyway, the main key of my strategy is using the promises in week 1 (or when I get to calling a guy I haven't talked to yet later in the season). So, week 1 I will call 20 guys 30 minutes each offering the 3 promises. After a few years in, if you can keep most of them (say 2 out of 3 or better), you will end up getting around 1000 points per player if you use 3 promises. No red shirt is a freebie, and if you scout your pipelines and home state you can get some of the "play game in home state" (although it is only good for freshman year I think). "Good national exposure" is attainable if you are in a power conference and have a decent season and go to bowl games.

After week 1, the short of it is, don't over call guys you are surely gonna get, so you can use that extra time to scout more players. The goal for me is, to keep as many recruits interested as possible, while not losing out on the guys I think I have locked up. I don't use blanket rules like "call 10 guys for 60 minutes" or whatever, I recruit "as needed". That 1000 point bonus is HUGE because it will allow you to be #1 with 15-20 players in Week 2. Which makes it easier to implement the "recruit as needed" strategy.

If you have a large point lead (500+), only use 10 or 20 minutes. Or if you already have 3 good pitches unlocked with high interest (for the visit), you can probably even get away with not calling a player that you have a big lead on. CPU tends to give up once they are down big.

Just keep an eye on them each week though, make sure you stay on top of how far ahead you are so you don't lose out on guys you think you had "locked up".

If you have a small lead or are losing, use all 60 minutes to try and get closer or retake the lead. If you have a decent lead (200-400), maybe use 30-40 depending on how big the lead is. Or if you want to use all 60 until you get a huge lead, that can work also (but you can usually get away with my suggestion)

Offer scholarship for fully scouted (or nearly) players that you are positive you want, I usually try to fully scout the players in order of my board. I tend to have about 10 scholarships offered by week 3 or 4, However, keep needs in mind so you don't over recruit one position and neglect others.

Also, this method seems to get a fair share of "insta commits", maybe one per week the first few weeks.

Every few weeks or so, some of the players that you haven't been able to call you can remove from your list if you are many points behind. The players at the bottom will be the lower rated guys you haven't scouted yet or the scouting busts, so you can find similar players to fill out your remaining scholarships. Add interested players or players that still are in the "top 10" stage and only have 1 or 2 other schools recruiting them.

I hope you find some of these tips useful.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:53 PM   #4
Rookie

"This makes recruiting so much more fun and difficult as you have to really pay attention to who you offer schollies to, who is leaving your team, and what depth you have at every position on your team."

Not sure if that makes the actual recruiting part any more difficult, although yeah your team will not be quite as good as it optimally could be if you aren't allowed to cut players.

But I'm already used to recruiting for need, as every year my roster consists of (Unless some transfer occurs or a player leaves early for the NFL that could throw it off if I don't have enough scholarships left, but that is rare that I can't fill my objective),

4 QB, 4 HB, 3 FB, 3 TE, 6 WR, 6 T, 6 G, 3 C, 6 DE, 5 DT, 6 OLB, 4 MLB, 6 CB, 3 SS, 3 FS, 1 K, 1 P

So I guess I'm used to that so it's not that much of a challenge for me to only recruit "as needed". Before each season I see how many SRs I have, and figure out how many players at each position that need replaced for sure.

Last edited by burth179; 08-14-2012 at 04:56 PM. Reason: bad grammar, didn't make sense, added a point
Old 08-14-2012, 05:10 PM   #5
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

It is basically a house rule my friends and I came up with last year to stop people from signing 25 players and cutting 10-15 players every year. We wanted a way to make recruiting harder and make it to where you really had to recruit players that fit your system, and eliminate people from filling their board up with 35 players and offering every player on the board.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2012, 05:48 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparrish
Here are some answers my friends and I use. Hope they help!
Thanks unfortunately I am on ps3 for the rosters. Do you know anything about coaching sliders?
Old 08-14-2012, 05:49 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by burth179
"This makes recruiting so much more fun and difficult as you have to really pay attention to who you offer schollies to, who is leaving your team, and what depth you have at every position on your team."

Not sure if that makes the actual recruiting part any more difficult, although yeah your team will not be quite as good as it optimally could be if you aren't allowed to cut players.

But I'm already used to recruiting for need, as every year my roster consists of (Unless some transfer occurs or a player leaves early for the NFL that could throw it off if I don't have enough scholarships left, but that is rare that I can't fill my objective),

4 QB, 4 HB, 3 FB, 3 TE, 6 WR, 6 T, 6 G, 3 C, 6 DE, 5 DT, 6 OLB, 4 MLB, 6 CB, 3 SS, 3 FS, 1 K, 1 P

So I guess I'm used to that so it's not that much of a challenge for me to only recruit "as needed". Before each season I see how many SRs I have, and figure out how many players at each position that need replaced for sure.
I actually use the same break down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »