Home

Cuts and Changes

This is a discussion on Cuts and Changes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2012, 02:31 AM   #1
Rookie

Masakra's Arena

OVR: 1
Cuts and Changes

Hey guys,

I'm a new player to the NCAA franchise and as such have been wondering this all season long:

1) At what point and where can you cut players on your roster? Is it even possible?

2) I've read several points about players signing a 2* athlete DT, and making them the equivalent of a 3* DE by simply switching their position from DT to DE. Where and when can you do this? If it all?

3) How can one predict the number of available scholarships for next season? Moreover, I have a 16-18 player class about to come in, and not that many seniors graduating to be honest...should I expect a lot of transfers?

Thanks for all the help!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2012, 02:52 AM   #2
Rookie

fjackson18's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Cuts and Changes

You do both the offseason AFTER your first year is done. and every offseason after that. i think right after you offseason recruiting. you do the position changes then you do the cuts.

Each year you get 25 scholarships to offer recruits
Old 08-15-2012, 10:15 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Cuts and Changes

Make a list of the players you know are leaving. The players that are Seniors. Recruit to fill those needs. If you get hit with early departures to the NFL or with transfers you can fill some of those slots in the 5 week off season recruiting period. You do not have to take a transfer. Only take them if they fill a need.

What I would like to know is if you cut a player on scholarship will it make your integrity rating go down?

One thing I have asked to be added for years is for the commish of an OD to be able to set recruiting class limits. 17 a year should be the max class with only 70 spots available. I stick to a max class of 17 and only fill needs to get the roster to 70. This allows some of the better recruits to play elsewhere and keeps AI teams a bit better year in and out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »