Home

Pass Coverage is NOT Sim!

This is a discussion on Pass Coverage is NOT Sim! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2012, 07:50 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
Pass Coverage is NOT Sim!

Okay I'm hoping I'm not the only one seeing this but if so it's totally cool. I am tired of pre-patch and post patch the DB (on the same defensive play) being able to stop both the slant route and the out route that's thrown at the right moment when the receiver breaks open. What the h#$% is going on with this game! That's passing 1-0-1. If you throw the ball correctly in man to man coverage its only up to the rec. to catch the ball if the pass is put in the correct location.
I'm also tired of the DB's, Safeties, and LB's moving faster than my star receiver and breaking in and out of cuts 3 to 4 times faster than my receiver or tightend. I just dont get it. Either make it so all players are on equal footing or stop the DBs from being so far away and breaking on the play to intercept the ball from 5 sometimes 7 yards away, only to have my rec. start moving at a snails pace so as to allow the defense to catch up make the pick oh and yeah score a touchdown. Pick 6's are terrible and they happen to much. Come on EA get your S*&# together and patch the offensive players to have as much if not more speed coming out of their break as the defense!

TMAC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2012, 09:33 PM   #2
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Pass Coverage is NOT Sim!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomymac23
Okay I'm hoping I'm not the only one seeing this but if so it's totally cool. I am tired of pre-patch and post patch the DB (on the same defensive play) being able to stop both the slant route and the out route that's thrown at the right moment when the receiver breaks open. What the h#$% is going on with this game! That's passing 1-0-1. If you throw the ball correctly in man to man coverage its only up to the rec. to catch the ball if the pass is put in the correct location.
I'm also tired of the DB's, Safeties, and LB's moving faster than my star receiver and breaking in and out of cuts 3 to 4 times faster than my receiver or tightend. I just dont get it. Either make it so all players are on equal footing or stop the DBs from being so far away and breaking on the play to intercept the ball from 5 sometimes 7 yards away, only to have my rec. start moving at a snails pace so as to allow the defense to catch up make the pick oh and yeah score a touchdown. Pick 6's are terrible and they happen to much. Come on EA get your S*&# together and patch the offensive players to have as much if not more speed coming out of their break as the defense!

TMAC
Well I do think it's ridiculous that they seem to cut off the receiver and run the route better at times. I'm glad they can stop slants this year. Last year they couldn't. I just wish EA could fix something without OVER fixing it. But I can still complete most of my passes and throw few picks. So all in all, while there are some issues still, I think it's a user error here.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:44 PM   #3
A DB'S SWAG

avwhitechic's Arena

OVR: 2

It is horrible online that cvr 2 man can stop every pass...
Old 08-16-2012, 09:50 PM   #4
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by avwhitechic
It is horrible online that cvr 2 man can stop every pass...
Really? I burn more players on man to man than I do zone.. LOL.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:36 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
Really? I burn more players on man to man than I do zone.. LOL.
Those players aren't using adjustements. There is a certain adjustment(s) you can use with Cover Man 2 that makes it virtually impossible to throw on, specifically outroutes and slants. You'll know when you're in a game with one of those players immediately.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2012, 10:47 PM   #6
A DB'S SWAG

avwhitechic's Arena

OVR: 2
well I guess I've been playin with nothing but players who use that adjustment

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-17-2012, 02:30 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 5

I'm not trying to bash even though it might sound like that. I'm just looking for EA to tune the db to trail to rec. and knock down the ball more times than not. I'm tired of a down lineman, LB, DB breaking on out routes faster than my rec. with me leading the rec. and timing it perfectly. Most if not all these picks are cpu picks not user.
If the db were to be trailing that play and knocked it down or the qb threw the ball late then pick it all day, but when I'm throwing the ball just as the rec. is coming out of the break and the db breaks and picks it every time, thats terrible. Online is an absolute joke. Opponents can basically play one defense and pretty much stop everything including the running game. LOL. Frustrated.
PS. I know I can dink and dunk down the field and do. I'm really focused on those two routes is all. If DB is shading to the middle then you run a slant he should be all over it to knock it down or pick (if its thrown late), but on the flip side if you're shading to the middle and I run and out route the DB should be beat every time if its thrown properly with the correct timing.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:35 PM   #8
Rookie

c_law23's Arena

OVR: 4

I actually agree. I run primarily pistol and rely on slants and drags a lot of the time. I'd say about 85% of the time my receiver will have a step or two (or even more at times, certainly not on the hip) and the defender consistently undercuts the route. Even when I lead. It's absolutely ridiculous.

NFL - Cleveland Browns
MLB - Chicago Whitesox
NBA - Cleveland Cavaliers
NHL - Columbus Blue Jackets/Chicago Blackhawks

Follow me on Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »