Home

New Notre Dame Uniforms

This is a discussion on New Notre Dame Uniforms within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2012, 01:47 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: New Notre Dame Uniforms

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Funny how that wasn't seen as a problem prior to last season. Perhaps the student managers who undertook the task in the preceeding 40+ years
Actually it was for one...and secondly the helmets now aren't made out of the same material that helmets were made out of for the last 40+ years. The paint doesn't adhere as well.

Quote:
Says who? It's bad enough ND added piped in music and is getting "me too" alternate uni's. What's next? Replacing the Irish Guard with a dance team? Building a Starbuck's next to the Grotto?
Well, get ready next year for a new playing surface and a video board similar to what Michigan/Yankee Stadium has.

ND has always been about modernization. Notre Dame for much it's history was about innovation and pushing forward. The last 20 year or so they stood still. I mean, they didn't even allow EE's until Weis' first or second year on campus. From basic stuff like that to not having proper training tables for the athletes etc. Until the Gug was built there was really no true football complex.

There's ways to modernize with still paying respect to the past. For example, the video board Swabrick envisions using as a way to promote Notre Dame, show historical footage, honor the greats of the past etc. Yeah, it's a video board and "modern" but they can use it to enhance the history of the program as well.

For Notre Dame to stay relevant on the field for the long term in the college football world modernization was needed. Do I like the Shamrock series uniforms? Meh. Whatever. It's a one game deal, but it's not like Notre Dame hasn't had a positron of uniform changes and innovation. Read about some of the **** Rockne used to pull.

ND's modernization goes FAR beyond stuff on the field.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:51 PM   #34
Rookie

krildog's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Yes, but they've cut the students out of the process. The tradition of the students painting the helmets the night before a game was unique.

Yet another misstep in Swarbrick's/BK's efforts to "modernize" ND football, imo.
They changed the type of paint that they use when they switched to the new helmets (which I love and wished would look that nice in game). The process they use to paint them is too complicated for the managers to do in one night. The old paint used to chip off too easily because they would have issues between it and the solvents they used to clean and maintain the spray guns. Not a big issue for me as an ND fan.

Now these abortions they are wearing in Chicago, on the other hand... I hate them. The helmet is terrible and a disgrace. The only things I don't want to burn are the cleats and gloves. It makes me long for the Champion days.
Chicago White Sox
Indiana Hoosiers
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 08-23-2012, 09:23 PM   #35
Rookie

Those helmets are an abomination against man AND God.

Notre Dame is the Golden Dome of the Administration Building...the helmets of the football team were specifically chosen to reflect and symbolize that.

I thought last year's swirly-shamrock (Worn against Maryland) and regular, dull-shamrock (Michigan game) were tacky and bad...but THESE new ones are Hall of Fame for lack of taste worthy...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 10:55 PM   #36
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Quote:
With all due respect, your rants have completely missed the point: these particular alternate uni's are plain hideous.
No they haven't missed the point. Some people are against it simply because it is something different, not because they share your same closed minded opinion.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:17 AM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTD71
Those helmets are an abomination against man AND God.

Notre Dame is the Golden Dome of the Administration Building...the helmets of the football team were specifically chosen to reflect and symbolize that.

I thought last year's swirly-shamrock (Worn against Maryland) and regular, dull-shamrock (Michigan game) were tacky and bad...but THESE new ones are Hall of Fame for lack of taste worthy...
You realize those were throw back uniforms right?
Old 08-24-2012, 04:04 PM   #38
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
No they haven't missed the point. Some people are against it simply because it is something different, not because they share your same closed minded opinion.
I don't like them because they're freaking ugly (especially the helmet), not because they're "different".
Old 08-24-2012, 08:57 PM   #39
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Quote:
I don't like them because they're freaking ugly (especially the helmet), not because they're "different".
But that is your opinion, and I respect that. But I disagree. So..
Old 08-25-2012, 02:17 AM   #40
Rookie

Bcolt93's Arena

OVR: 5

i think the helmets are probably worse than Maryland's from last year, but i love the jerseys. Wish they would have put the strip down both sides but whatever. I get that recruits love these things and so do the players, but being the same age as a majority of them, i dont see how. I mean the helmets are beyond ugly. Wish they would have installed field turf and a video board instead but oh well. Maybe the next time i see a game there they might hit the 2000's in terms of technology

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »