Home

Dynasty Traditions

This is a discussion on Dynasty Traditions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2012, 12:10 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
Dynasty Traditions

I'm a defensive guy, college football is my favorite sport, and I grew up during the Miami Hurricanes dynasty, so here are my traditions I use every year.
Only Seniors are considered for these honors:
Best DT wears #76 (Warren Sapp)
Best MLB wears #52 w/ dark Nike visor (Ray Lewis)
Best DB, regardless of position, wears #40 in memory and honor of the late Pat Tillman...if you don't know his story, plz google him.
My contract with the Army (in real life) expired in January, so I decided I'd try and rebuild the football team back up to their glory days when Army won the 1914 National Championship and back-to back National Championships '44 and '45.
For those keeping score at home, Navy has never won a National Championship =)
Any players reporting in with dreads, are immediately benched for the season and are cut during the following off season.
Of course I can't help but be biased when I say that Army's uniforms are by far the most fierce looking out of the service academies.
A few things I do with the uniforms are:
ACU helmet and pants with a white top with matching socks and shoes when visiting a top 10 team, when I'm the away team in a bowl game, or on the road to a rivals.
If I'm hosting the air force, or I get home spot against Navy in Philly, then it's full ACU. Navy wears its blues when they get home or their alt if their visiting. AF wears its thunderstruck helmets when they visit.
When I host a top 10 team or I'm the home team at a bowl game, then it's my favorite Army custom combo; all black helmet, socks and shoes, 2009 camo top and ACU pants. That uniform is fierce and by far one of my favorites this year in the game.
Retired numbers for Army: The number 12 was symbolic for the Army Academy. It represented the 'Corps of Cadets' or all of the Army students not on the field. The numbers 24 (Doc Blanchard), 35 (Glen Davis) and 41 (Pete Dawkins) were all also retired. Those three players were all Heisman Trophy winners.

Last edited by buickbeast; 08-19-2012 at 12:21 AM. Reason: poor grammar
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2012, 12:16 AM   #2
Rookie

MillerTE92's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Dynasty Traditions

I come from a from a Navy family, so I'm biased against Army >8D
Old 08-19-2012, 12:22 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 14

haha that's cool man. I had family in the army so u know lol
Old 08-19-2012, 12:52 AM   #4
Pro

superxero27's Arena

I don't know about the fiercest uniforms, Air Force's Thunderbird motif is pretty badass I think. Although I may be a little biased too, my father and grandfather served in the Air Force (Gulf War) and AAC (WWII) respectively.

Bench and cut guys with dreads? Seems a little harsh doncha think? lol Just change the "face style" to one w/out dreads. Or don;t recruit such players in the first place.

I like reading about people's traditions. Last year before my main Dynasty file got corrupted, the only one I really did was switch one of the 2-3 highest rated senior on defense to #1 randomly (to simulate a player vote).

In '11 I went with highest rated senior overall (unless it was a QB) as #1. It was pretty cool to see a 350lb right guard as number 1.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:58 AM   #5
Rookie

MillerTE92's Arena

Army does have some kick *** uniforms though, I like the all black helment with Silver jersey and pants. I'm a HUGE Miami Hurricanes fan, when I was playing football and hey tuck me at line I chose number 76 because of Warren Sapp
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2012, 01:00 AM   #6
Rookie

MillerTE92's Arena

I love the red white and blue AF uniforms
Old 08-19-2012, 08:08 AM   #7
Leyenda

RoundingThird's Arena

OVR: 30

Wow, man you're a strict coach. You remind me of the Yankees ownership, making everyone cut their dreads.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:13 PM   #8
Banned

Pmoney327's Arena

OVR: 1

I only wear alternate jerseys once a year during the last home game for Senior Day, and I make sure that all my Seniors play in that game as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »