Home

EA should at least address this no huddle mess

This is a discussion on EA should at least address this no huddle mess within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2012, 11:59 AM   #57
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: EA should at least address this no huddle mess

I think powerofred became my new favorite member

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Old 08-23-2012, 12:57 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 9

This has been a real deal breaker to air raid for sure
Old 08-23-2012, 01:11 PM   #59
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
The first bold sentence negates your second bold sentence because it is clear you have no clue how a hurry up offense is run. The quarterback doesn't yell signals to anyone in ANY system except to the offensive line, who are right in front of him or the back who is right next to him.

Teams like Oregon and the guys who run Malzahn's HUNH system use hand signals and/or signal boards from the sideline to dictate formation, play and snap count. The receivers and back will always know exactly what they are supposed to be doing when they get to the line of scrimmage. If the play is changed based on defensive alignments, coaches and GA's will signal it in.

The QB's only responsibility is calling protection to the line (and back if necessary) and identifying the center of the defense (the Mike LB). Most hurry up teams don't even have their QB yell a cadence, the center is usually responsible for the snap count after a ready signal from the QB (finger point, quick step). Again, that is to speed up the play. When the center is responsible for the snap count, he can fire off the ball quicker and get to his block that much faster.

There is very little vocalizing of anything in a hurry up no huddle offense because it slows down the pace. This is the whole reason people run no huddle. You run to the line, get the call AS you go and run that play. Verbal communication leads to miscommunication which is why there is very little of it.

No huddle passing offenses that tag a lot of their routes based on sight adjustments will utilize hand signals between QB and WR to essentially "hot route" the receiver to the pre-determined route for the coverage they see. It isn't random and there isn't miscommunication because they've practiced it 1000 times and know "if the defense does X, I'm doing Y."

These offenses are DESIGNED to go at rapid pace and so they have eliminated all the things that slowed traditional offenses down; huddles, verbal signals, cadences, shifts and they just line up and go.

There is absolutely nothing realistic about the way no huddle is now and not only that, it looks absolutely fake and ridiculous. I could go no huddle in SG Tight and watch my outside receivers shuffle in and morph INSIDE my offensive line to "hear" a play call.

I'm shocked EA took responsibility for this as an intended feature because it is without a doubt a total failure. It looks and plays like a glitched out bug because that is exactly what it is. If you want to slow down no huddle, at least do it realistically. Not this horribly glitched out way that is easily worked around anyway, negating the whole purpose.

Yes I was waiting for this

First of all no need at all to assume or take a swipe at anyone for the statement they made. It just not necessary I'm sure you can express yourself in a polite like manner. Anyway let's move on shall we.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
The first bold sentence negates your second bold sentence because it is clear you have no clue how a hurry up offense is run. The quarterback doesn't yell signals to anyone in ANY system except to the offensive line, who are right in front of him or the back who is right next to him.

Traynt8RDFL
FALSE. Are you sure every team that runs a hurry up offense utilizes this method? No you cannot , because we all know this is not the case. I can't post videos because I'm at work but go to You tube and I'm sure you will find plenty of videos showcasing QB yelling out to the wr's during a hurry up situation. I'm sure you have seen it for yourself. To make a statement like you have made was only made to strengthen your post. Also have you ever seen a team do a bad job running a hurry up offense? Now why did that happen? BAD Communication that is why.

Teams like Oregon and the guys who run Malzahn's HUNH system use hand signals and/or signal boards from the sideline to dictate formation, play and snap count. The receivers and back will always know exactly what they are supposed to be doing when they get to the line of scrimmage. If the play is changed based on defensive alignments, coaches and GA's will signal it in.

Traynt8RDFL
Teams like Oregon, but then there are teams not like Oregon who do not use the same method. Also how much time do you think it takes for all of this to transpire? What 1, 3 ,5 seconds, or maybe more? Now how much time is the game taking to let you run the next play? Phobia tested it out using Oregon, and the time Oregon took to run its next play was not far off from what the game did. Guys are just spoiled with the unrealistic way it was implemented in the past.

The QB's only responsibility is calling protection to the line (and back if necessary) and identifying the center of the defense (the Mike LB). Most hurry up teams don't even have their QB yell a cadence, the center is usually responsible for the snap count after a ready signal from the QB (finger point, quick step). Again, that is to speed up the play. When the center is responsible for the snap count, he can fire off the ball quicker and get to his block that much faster.

Traynt8RDFL
Again the amount of time this takes place is what? Also you want to go on the record and say this is what the Qb always does. A QB never communicates to the WR's?

There is very little vocalizing of anything in a hurry up no huddle offense because it slows down the pace. This is the whole reason people run no huddle. You run to the line, get the call AS you go and run that play. Verbal communication leads to miscommunication which is why there is very little of it.

But there is vocalization whether it is a little or more because certain circumstances can change that situation. There is and always will be a certain type of communication needed for the team to know what to execute, and then adjustments if needed according to how the defense setups. This can take about 10 to 20seocnds in most cases. In real life I'm sure it takes them alot longer to line up spot the ball get all 11 players to the line of scrimmage. Get their signals communicate it to the rest of the team, and then snap the ball. Than what the game does now, but we are complaining about it. Like I stated the time is what we need to see not how the game animates it. Also there are times where plenty of verbal communication is given during a hurry up. What you state is not always the case.

Traynt8RDFL
You make it seem as the process of the hurry up offense is effortless with no hiccups. You already admitted they have to communicate whether it is with hand signals from the sidelines, and communication between the QB with his line and backs, so again how much time does this take ? and then match it up with what the game is. Now the animations might not reflect things accurately but who cares as long as the time is accurate. What we had before was a perfect hurry up offense every single time with a entire playbook at our disposal. Now if we call a hot route the wr is going to ask again, which again I like. In real life I have seen countless times a Wr ask the Qb for his assignment, and you have also.

No huddle passing offenses that tag a lot of their routes based on sight adjustments will utilize hand signals between QB and WR to essentially "hot route" the receiver to the pre-determined route for the coverage they see. It isn't random and there isn't miscommunication because they've practiced it 1000 times and know "if the defense does X, I'm doing Y."

Traynt8RDFL
In a perfect world you can use this method playing a defense that is robotic, but this won't work with a sophisticated and prepared defense. You can't rely on this method every single time, and you know this. Just as you stated the offense practices this a 1000 times, and a defense prepares for this about a 1000 times. I also want to state this can't be the case. If the Wr sees a zone and the qb sees man to man then what is going to happen confusion. Defenses disguise coverage's all the time. Now if this is the case then the Qb has no choice but to tell the wr what he wants for him to run, or they get the call from the sidelines. Either way communication has to be made to the WR so the play is not a bust.

These offenses are DESIGNED to go at rapid pace and so they have eliminated all the things that slowed traditional offenses down; huddles, verbal signals, cadences, shifts and they just line up and go.

There is absolutely nothing realistic about the way no huddle is now and not only that, it looks absolutely fake and ridiculous. I could go no huddle in SG Tight and watch my outside receivers shuffle in and morph INSIDE my offensive line to "hear" a play call.

I'm shocked EA took responsibility for this as an intended feature because it is without a doubt a total failure. It looks and plays like a glitched out bug because that is exactly what it is. If you want to slow down no huddle, at least do it realistically. Not this horribly glitched out way that is easily worked around anyway, negating the whole purpose.

Traynt8RDFL
I'm not shocked with how EA approached the situation. They may not have animated the scenario correctly but the time utilized between plays is what counts, and very pleased the hurry up was attended to. I' am shocked that gamers actually felt what we had previously was accurate and acceptable. How can you want that back? Especially when many here want realism.

Old 08-23-2012, 01:14 PM   #60
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhibes
Allow me to change my name to Bob Ross and I shall paint a beautiful piece of scenery:

- #3 TCU (me) v #20 Oklahoma (CPU)
- Home game for TCU
- Week 15
- TCU down 24-21
- TCU ball with no time outs
- 12 seconds left
- 4th quarter

Complete a pass for 40 yards right smack dab in the middle of the field (only guy wide open) into field goal range. I hurry the offense up to run another play... but out of ****ing nowhere my WR does the Hulk Hogan hand to the hear and walks over to my QB to make sure what the play is.

The clock hits zero as my WR goes back to the line.
I never get a chance to spike.
I never get a chance to send it to OT.
Game over.
National Championship hopes over.

Tremendous.
better get back to painting some happy little trees bob.

i don't think you can snap a ball complete a 40 yard pass, line up and down the ball in 12 seconds. especially if the clock was running prior to the snap.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:15 PM   #61
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbins
You must have never seen an Oregon game then. They run plays before the defense gets set all the time. Because of this bug, NCAA 13 is actually less realistic now when playing with teams like Oregon.
But not every team is Oregon.

So is it ok for teams in the game to run a hurry up like Oregon when they cant?, or is it better to have it where all teams run the hurry up offense with the avg time it actually takes to run a play, and only a handfull of team might be a few seconds off?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 01:21 PM   #62
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
better get back to painting some happy little trees bob.

i don't think you can snap a ball complete a 40 yard pass, line up and down the ball in 12 seconds. especially if the clock was running prior to the snap.
Exactly what I mean.

People think the ref can mark the play break up the defender the holds down the player on offense. Then line up the ball, and everyone get to the line know what to run in less than 12 seconds.

Im sure im missing some other things that transpire.

He completed a 40 yrd pass with 12 sseconds left, and complains about how his wr ask for his assingment, but doesn't realize how unrealistic the game allows for the ball to be marked and placed and for the teams to line up pefectly, but the game screwed him. SMH
Old 08-23-2012, 01:29 PM   #63
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

who runs the fastest 40 in the NFL, what was the time, and was it a Center?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:44 PM   #64
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews85
This post is perfection and should be sent to EA asap.
No disrespect but that post is far from perfection, and would be the wrong information to give EA.

There are allot more variables involved to running a hurry up offense than what was just stated in that post.

All because it was a lengthy post doesn't mean it is perfect.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »