Home

EA, I beg of you, please make these small adjustments to save this game

This is a discussion on EA, I beg of you, please make these small adjustments to save this game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2012, 09:39 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
EA, I beg of you, please make these small adjustments to save this game

There are two major items that require what would appear to be minor adjustments that could save the game:

1. Please switch off the Aggressive Pass coverage gameplanning by the AI. It is causing the safeties to come up and makes streak patterns by the human almost guaranteed TDs.

2. Field Goal logic on Heisman. On all the other levels, the AI tries appropriate length FG's and punt when they should. On Heisman they try fieldgoals that are too long and unmakable. Please use the same logic on Heisman for FG's that they do on other levels.

3. The Field Goal Accuracy slider when put at 25 or less causes kicks to be real short knuckleballs. Problem is at 30 and above, its automatic for the human. This slider worked great last year. Please restore it so the accuracy slider only effects accuracy and not distance.

There are other changes that could be listed, but these are the most glaring that are really causing what I would consider potential game killing issues with the game, specifically the top two.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2012, 10:12 AM   #2
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: EA, I beg of you, please make these small adjustments to save this game

I agree with these. #1 is the worst issue for me and if they took away the aggressive zone I'd consider this one of my favorite football games in recent years most likely.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:17 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramminyou
I agree with these. #1 is the worst issue for me and if they took away the aggressive zone I'd consider this one of my favorite football games in recent years most likely.
I would say this game could be very good if they fixed these issues. Without the fix though, especially on #1, I don't see how this game is going to be playable. Its no fun having to house rule out all long pass routes.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:29 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 1

The funny thing is that EA thinks it makes the game harder by putting in these settings, when in actuality it is making the game easier. Jokes on EA!!!
Old 08-22-2012, 10:46 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortobc
The funny thing is that EA thinks it makes the game harder by putting in these settings, when in actuality it is making the game easier. Jokes on EA!!!
They have our money, the jokes on us if they don't fix it. How many of us have spent hours trying to find workarounds for these issues? Free Beta testing from gamers like me who have bought every NCAA back to Bill Walsh. That's over $1,000 just on NCAA football. I probably know more about the series, features, and how the sliders work than the people working on the game. I really don't think the jokes on them.

Like I said, these are two easy fixes that would basically take the rating from a 4 in my book up to an 8.5 or higher. All they have to do is disable the AI agressive pass coverage gameplan so the defense on AA and Heisman uses the same safety logic as Varsity, and use the AA logic for AI field goals in relation to distance and the title immediately goes from basically unplayable to very good. Probably a total of 1 hour of work if I had to guess.

The Logic for both fixes is already developed all they have to do is look at the code for Varsity and make that applicable in regards to Safety play and FG's on Heisman and the game shines.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2012, 11:04 AM   #6
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
1. Please switch off the Aggressive Pass coverage gameplanning by the AI. It is causing the safeties to come up and makes streak patterns by the human almost guaranteed TDs.

people seem to make the most claims about this one. i wonder if that is something that could be tuned.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:08 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
people seem to make the most claims about this one. i wonder if that is something that could be tuned.
If they look how the AI handles the pass coverage gameplanning on Varsity, and for lack of a better term "cut and paste" that into Heisman, that in short is what needs to be done.

The thing that is killing me is that they already have the correct logic at lower levels. We aren't weven asking them to create anything. The code is already developed. I hope they can tune these items, because it should be a quick fix and if its not a quick fix, I would really appreciate them telling us why so we can understand the process.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:13 AM   #8
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

OVR: 6

All these issues are too much to overcome. Im a hardcore college football fan and have tried to make the most of this game, but i am tired of being a beta tester. My copy has officially gone on the for sale market for cash towards madden if it gets good reviews. If not im skipping it for release day Borderlands 2.
Its sad that year after year we have to wait months after release to have a near semi working game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »