Home

Screen and option plays ineffective?

This is a discussion on Screen and option plays ineffective? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2012, 12:29 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Screen and option plays ineffective?

I'm having a tough time getting screen and option plays to get me anything more than a few yards at a time, if I'm lucky. Any tips to this? I've tried a few different difficulty levels and sliders. When I sim games, my QB runs for a good amount of yards. But I just can't seem to get these plays to turn into anything positive when I'm calling the plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 12:44 PM   #2
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
All options are not ineffective. Load, Speed and power seem to be though. I can't say much screens as I rarely run them.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 08-23-2012, 12:44 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Screen and option plays ineffective?

I keep the HB screen on my audibles for specific times when the other team is sending a LB blitz. I just screen to the side of the blitzing LBs. It can also be effective if the other team is in man. Zone or contain D line shifts can spell bad news for a screen.

The CPU would get their screens blown up by my D for big losses until this last patch, now they turn into 12+ yard gains no matter my gameplan, unless I specifically control a guy to bust up the play.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:47 PM   #4
MVP

I've found the HB screen to be extremely effective if the defense doesn't have a guy in the flats and if I have my fast HB in. I typically run it 5-6 times a game and it's usually good for at least one huge gain and a few minor ones.

If the D is blowing up your screen watch the WR going on a go route on the screen side. You have basically no time to react since the o-line is pulling but sometimes he is wide open when they sniff out the screen.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:58 PM   #5
Banned

But the option is such an important part of college, why is it so ineffective against the computer no matter the difficulty? And yet when I sim the AI plays it great
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 09:16 PM   #6
Rookie

Slayer525's Arena

The option seems to be hit or miss, it all depends on the defense setup. As for screens, the previous game I played in my Heisman difficulty dynasty I threw a screen that went for around a 60 yard TD. So it definitely works, just depends on the situation.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:49 PM   #7
Rookie

xBaBaBooeyx's Arena

I just learned a trick from a YouTube video that worked for me. Call a shotgun flanker screen and hot route your RB to go out in the flat like he's running the screen, hot route the flanker to do an out, and throw it to the RB out of the backfield. I ran it only once but I got a 32 yd TD out of it. Some might consider it "glitchy" though.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:13 AM   #8
Rookie

N O Geaux Getta's Arena

only screen i use is the base 4 wide shotgun formation.... with worrying about 4 receivers , people controlling LBs and Safeties rarely look down to react to it.

as far as defending the screen... if i see it being set up it's pick 6 or @ least a deflection.

options have to be spaced out in a game to be effective... i might use 1 or 2 in a game out of I Tight if the run game is going good cause they start to blitz all LBs or @ least 2 up the middle giving me the outside edge.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »