Home

We need a "fresh" presentation like Madden.

This is a discussion on We need a "fresh" presentation like Madden. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2012, 09:07 PM   #1
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1
We need a "fresh" presentation like Madden.

After seeing and hearing Madden 13, the presentation is just plain better than NCAA IMO. I think it is a shame too considering NCAA actually has a real TV license. It's not only the new team for Madden, the graphics are a lot smoother (as in intro, stat swipes, and scoreboard). The NCAA version is just choppy escpecially the ESPN intro. Why do we have to be reminded that we are playing NCAA Football 13? I don't mind the EA logo on the bottom left of the scoreboard but having to see things in the intro that aren't in real life just makes me want to skip the intros every time. And of course the thing that bugs me in NCAA more than any other sports title is the dang replays. If I make a cool play or big touchdown run instead of getting a good replay of it, I get a view from the ground circling around the ball carrier. We know the 3D grass is in guys but you don't have to showcase it in every replay.

My last complaint and question to all is why are the crowd swells way better in Madden? It seems the crowd is not into like in Madden especially on defense. This really kills NCAA because IRL most college crowds are louder and rowdier than those in the NFL.

The most disappointing thing to me is that I thought we had the same audio/presentation team working with both titles.

If NCAA took from Madden this year and added it's atmosphere along with a new broadcast team, Musburger and Herb, and added the real college football intro with a more broadcast presentation it would really make the game look and sound much better. Obviously these aren't gameplay issues but one of the best things about college football is the atmosphere and I believe EA fails in that area in NCAA Football every year and that bugs me.

I'm really worried that the dev team truly believes the presentation is good when it isn't. This is why I think we need to push for this NOW! What do you guys think?

Last edited by sparkdawg777; 08-28-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 01:50 PM   #2
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: We need a "fresh" presentation like Madden.

The crowd swells were even better in the NCAA demo. I feel like they're gone in retail.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:07 PM   #3
Rookie

LastExit's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x
The crowd swells were even better in the NCAA demo. I feel like they're gone in retail.
I wouldn't say they are gone but they have been audibly reduced in the retail version.
Same with the stadium-specific crowd chants that they bragged about when they went to certain games to record said chants. You can hear them but you have to pay attention and anyone who has watched a game knows that when the crowd gets those chants going they are loud and come through quite clear.
I just don't get it - they could have just boosted the overall crowd noise and the game would be so much better - see Madden's crowd noise as how to do it right (it's not perfect but much, much better).
Old 08-29-2012, 02:09 PM   #4
Rookie

100% Texan's Arena

OVR: 0

it's amazing how electric the crowd feels in madden compared to the dull crowd noise in ncaa.

the browns vs the dolphins should not be more electric than bama vs lsu.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:21 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

This year
madden looks; vibrant, colorful, lively, saturated

ncaa looks; dull, lifeless, beige, dry, old fashioned with that stupid black scorebar
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 03:49 PM   #6
Rookie

I think there are enough problems with gameplay and dynasty to not have to worry about presentation. Sorry this seems ridiculous to me.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:51 PM   #7
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaa98
I think there are enough problems with gameplay and dynasty to not have to worry about presentation. Sorry this seems ridiculous to me.
This always gets me. People do realize that different dev teams work on gameplay and presentation, and that it's possible to improve both in the same year, right? It's not an either or situation

PSN: dsavbeast
Old 08-29-2012, 09:03 PM   #8
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
This always gets me. People do realize that different dev teams work on gameplay and presentation, and that it's possible to improve both in the same year, right? It's not an either or situation

Exactly, geez there is no telling how many times I have made a thread or participated in a thread that has to do with gameplay. What is wrong with trying to improve both?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »