Home

Played a game where Linebacker shot A gap everytime and made play

This is a discussion on Played a game where Linebacker shot A gap everytime and made play within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2012, 11:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Played a game where Linebacker shot A gap everytime and made play

I got the latest update, played with stanford on heisman and play after play the linebackers on Cal shot the "A" gaps and made the plays. Power O, Counter, Toss. These are all playes where a frontside guard needs to make an attempt to block his man or gap which is that MLB. Time and time again it failed, I watched replays and nothing. The Guard stands around and blocked no one.

Is it just me noticing this??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 11:37 PM   #2
Rookie

lhinds7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Played a game where Linebacker shot A gap everytime and made play

Over Storm Brave out of the Nickel. Move one (or both) of the LBs over the tackle. DE will have a free shot at the QB 87% of the time.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:23 AM   #3
Rookie

dre1919's Arena

OVR: 2

Overstorm Brave out of Nickel, just let the LILB run through the line untouched and it's a sack 95% of the time. Well, assuming your linebacker is good enough. I play Notre Dame, with a 98 rated Manti Teo and he's got nearly 30 sacks on Heisman with two games left to play. But I would assume that even crappy linebackers can get in and probably get 15 sacks in a season. Truly a broken aspect to defense...the line doesn't even try to pick him up, even after multiple sacks, and will only throw a running back over to chop block him once in a great now and then.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:15 AM   #4
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9

i got on a dynasty game and tried a blitz every play and well my OLB broke the record with 15 sacks in one game and the play was running a 4-3 OLB blitz both went to the line and one would get blocked and the other will never be touched everytime
Old 08-29-2012, 06:54 AM   #5
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by synch22
I got the latest update, played with stanford on heisman and play after play the linebackers on Cal shot the "A" gaps and made the plays. Power O, Counter, Toss. These are all playes where a frontside guard needs to make an attempt to block his man or gap which is that MLB. Time and time again it failed, I watched replays and nothing. The Guard stands around and blocked no one.

Is it just me noticing this??
its a bug in the play that has been there for a couple years. if anyone lines up or blitz the a gap, it will be blow the play up completely every single time. its one of those things that you read and audible out of when you see how the defense aligns.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 05:11 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

This is making me sad because someone in the OD I'm in is doing it and got 13, and 9 sacks the last two games...then brags to me about how he doesn't think he'll lose another game he also didn't have a pass attempt last game. Kinda frustrating when I like to play at least somewhat realistically.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »