Home

Are there any more tuners or patches in the works?

This is a discussion on Are there any more tuners or patches in the works? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2012, 09:58 PM   #17
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Are there any more tuners or patches in the works?

This game needs some work. Is it broken ? No it is still playable for most people who don't have the freezes. How ever they are some legacy problems in this game.

1. Clock management......just bad for the CPU.

2. Field awareness and knowing the down & distance, is pretty bad for the CPU as well. Too many times I will see them slide or go down with ease on 3rd down just short of the 1st down marker. They need to add an extended the arm out with the ball animation to pick up a 1st down or TD. NFL 2K5 had this.

3. Sliders - don't know what the hell is up with them. Not all of them do what they say they should do. You need a freaking Rosetta Stone to figure out what the hell they just did.

4. Animations - legacy issue, they are still way too stiff and robotic looking. Who ever the animator for NCAA is should go a few doors down to Madden's animator desk and copy what he is doing.

5. Penalties......another year with lack of pass interference being called.

6. CPU AI - Yeah offenses in this game have a very hard time sustaining a drive and scoring. And don't intercept them, once you do that, they lose all will to live. CPU defense, still prone to being burnt by the deep ball. Don't even have to be 4 verticals. Any deep post route and the WR will be wide open.

7. Option offense - not effective for the CPU. Which people don't seem to understand how big of a problem this is. Too many think oh, no problem I will just not play against Army, Navy, Air Force or Georgia Tech. Ummm no.........Every school in this game has at least 3 read or speed option type plays in their playbook, even the Air Raid and Run n Shoot teams. So low and behold when they call that play on 3rd down, lost for 7 yards, drive is over and now they are out of FG range.

8. Intercepting option tosses happens way too often.

9. CPU QB has no pocket presence in this game like the Madden CPU QB do. They aren't self aware of what is happening around them. They take way too many sacks from the FRONT and unlike Madden QBs, NCAA QBs don't roll out and try to by time for their WRs to get open either. NCAA 13 QB will either scramble up the middle or just stay there in the pocket and take the sack.

10. Sacks on screens happen way too often, even though the new drop backs suppose to have kept this from happening.

11. No dirty uniforms for the away team.

12. Tired of the CPU blatantly throwing the ball away in the pocket and not get called for intentional grounding.

13. Lack of a pass rush from defensive ends. How in the world can Madden 13 have it and NCAA 13 don't ?

Don't know how many things out of the 10 they can fix via patch or tuner, but they got to do something. They about to enter the time frame where a hell of a lot of AAA games about to come out and people going to end up trading this game in towards one of those titles.

What annoys me the most is that they can patch in a uniform store. So what is stopping them from patching in the following:

Dirty uniforms
Universal fatigue slider and injury slider like Madden has.
Pass rush from defensive ends

I'm seriously starting to question the point of having a central game play team when one game gets stuff done correctly and the other game doesn't.

How is it Madden for years now has had smooth organic animations and player movement, but yet NCAA has animations so stiff, rigid, robotic movement like everybody moving around with a stick stuck up their butt ?

Why is it NCAA removes 4 player ratings, but we still don't get Short, medium and deep throw accuracy rating ? Why remove them in the 1st place if Madden 13 still uses those ratings ?

How is it NCAA gets what coach mode is and Madden team does not ?

How come NCAA don't have player traits ?

How come NCAA and Madden sliders are so different ?

How is it in Madden 10 EA had punt returns done CORRECTLY but every year since they have done it wrong ? Seriously folks, pop in Madden 10, punt the ball to the CPU. You will be amazed that back then, the PR didn't run in a straight line head on into traffic. Instead he ran towards the sideline trying to GO AROUND the defenders that was clogging up the middle of the field.

Stuff like that boggles the mind. Central game play team suppose to be sharing information don't they ? I mean that was the point of its creation right ? There don't seem to be much sharing going on. I thought the days of NCAA being treated like a step child was over. Apparently it isn't.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:10 PM   #18
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
There's something really strange with the sliders. Leaving everything at/near default and the defense plays pretty well. Drop something drastically and suddenly things start acting up. QBS become Robos, zone coverage gets wonky again. Its strange.

I do wish something was done with the pass rush and option game play. I think that's something we're going to have to wait on.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:58 PM   #19
Rookie

nazzman's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarface786
It is not a BUG, it's a poor way to stop the no huddle online.
Whatever you call it, it needs to be fixed. Hurry-up is useless in (human) dynasty.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:18 PM   #20
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

GMSS has it together. Good stuff man.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:27 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
This game needs some work. Is it broken ? No it is still playable for most people who don't have the freezes. How ever they are some legacy problems in this game.

1. Clock management......just bad for the CPU.

2. Field awareness and knowing the down & distance, is pretty bad for the CPU as well. Too many times I will see them slide or go down with ease on 3rd down just short of the 1st down marker. They need to add an extended the arm out with the ball animation to pick up a 1st down or TD. NFL 2K5 had this.

3. Sliders - don't know what the hell is up with them. Not all of them do what they say they should do. You need a freaking Rosetta Stone to figure out what the hell they just did.

4. Animations - legacy issue, they are still way too stiff and robotic looking. Who ever the animator for NCAA is should go a few doors down to Madden's animator desk and copy what he is doing.

5. Penalties......another year with lack of pass interference being called.

6. CPU AI - Yeah offenses in this game have a very hard time sustaining a drive and scoring. And don't intercept them, once you do that, they lose all will to live. CPU defense, still prone to being burnt by the deep ball. Don't even have to be 4 verticals. Any deep post route and the WR will be wide open.

7. Option offense - not effective for the CPU. Which people don't seem to understand how big of a problem this is. Too many think oh, no problem I will just not play against Army, Navy, Air Force or Georgia Tech. Ummm no.........Every school in this game has at least 3 read or speed option type plays in their playbook, even the Air Raid and Run n Shoot teams. So low and behold when they call that play on 3rd down, lost for 7 yards, drive is over and now they are out of FG range.

8. Intercepting option tosses happens way too often.

9. CPU QB has no pocket presence in this game like the Madden CPU QB do. They aren't self aware of what is happening around them. They take way too many sacks from the FRONT and unlike Madden QBs, NCAA QBs don't roll out and try to by time for their WRs to get open either. NCAA 13 QB will either scramble up the middle or just stay there in the pocket and take the sack.

10. Sacks on screens happen way too often, even though the new drop backs suppose to have kept this from happening.

11. No dirty uniforms for the away team.

12. Tired of the CPU blatantly throwing the ball away in the pocket and not get called for intentional grounding.

13. Lack of a pass rush from defensive ends. How in the world can Madden 13 have it and NCAA 13 don't ?

Don't know how many things out of the 10 they can fix via patch or tuner, but they got to do something. They about to enter the time frame where a hell of a lot of AAA games about to come out and people going to end up trading this game in towards one of those titles.

What annoys me the most is that they can patch in a uniform store. So what is stopping them from patching in the following:

Dirty uniforms
Universal fatigue slider and injury slider like Madden has.
Pass rush from defensive ends

I'm seriously starting to question the point of having a central game play team when one game gets stuff done correctly and the other game doesn't.

How is it Madden for years now has had smooth organic animations and player movement, but yet NCAA has animations so stiff, rigid, robotic movement like everybody moving around with a stick stuck up their butt ?

Why is it NCAA removes 4 player ratings, but we still don't get Short, medium and deep throw accuracy rating ? Why remove them in the 1st place if Madden 13 still uses those ratings ?

How is it NCAA gets what coach mode is and Madden team does not ?

How come NCAA don't have player traits ?

How come NCAA and Madden sliders are so different ?

How is it in Madden 10 EA had punt returns done CORRECTLY but every year since they have done it wrong ? Seriously folks, pop in Madden 10, punt the ball to the CPU. You will be amazed that back then, the PR didn't run in a straight line head on into traffic. Instead he ran towards the sideline trying to GO AROUND the defenders that was clogging up the middle of the field.

Stuff like that boggles the mind. Central game play team suppose to be sharing information don't they ? I mean that was the point of its creation right ? There don't seem to be much sharing going on. I thought the days of NCAA being treated like a step child was over. Apparently it isn't.
I wish this guy was making football games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 12:22 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
I wish this guy was making football games.
I'm sure he could have typed another page of things that EA needs to address.

I'll list some my wishes
-Why can't the defense actually line up right. In an under front, the Olb that is on the los aligns outside the te, not just on the left side of the defense. The opposite goes for over.

-Actually have defenses use gap control.

-Figure out how the 335 and 425 actually work.

-
Old 08-30-2012, 12:35 AM   #23
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

For those who are wondering what Madden 10 CPU Punt Returns looks like, here ya go. I punted the ball about 10 or so times in practice mode over and over again.

Old 08-30-2012, 04:48 PM   #24
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Wow that spam attack pushed this thread way back. Anyway, anybody else noticed once this game came out, you really haven't seen any of the dev names or game changers names in this forum ??

Like I tell people every year. Leading up to the release, they flood this forum. Once the game drops, they all go ghost mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »