Home

Would anyone be interested in a SIM dynasty?

This is a discussion on Would anyone be interested in a SIM dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2012, 12:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Would anyone be interested in a SIM dynasty?

I love NCAA Football but HATE playing other players online. The lag and cheese ruins the game for me, so I have stuck to offline play for the most part. I would love to do an OD, but playing other players keeps me away from it. I am decent online (45-8 in the past 3 years) so its not that I suck, I just get no enjoyment from it.

So I am purposing an OD where the users mainly recruit, set playbooks, plays, and rosters.. then manually play the CPU games and SIM the player vs. player games. This would eliminate the guys who only recruit 1 fast WR and toss it to him deep all game with 4 WR verts, and recruit a great LB and only do nickel blitz every play.

The settings would be fairly low (Varsity with 75% player sliders and 35% cpu sliders) with a mercy rule somewhere around 50 points.

Set the league up and advance daily. It would work best if each player had a teams in separate conferences so they only met in bowl games.

Would anyone be interested in a league like this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 01:02 PM   #2
Rookie

kevinmerida's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Would anyone be interested in a SIM dynasty?

fairly low? more like infant low. the game is too easy on all american, but varsity with sliders in your favor?

I guess to each his own.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:02 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'd do it. I don't like playing with sliders though. If you're a good player I think default Heisman would suffice. What system?
Old 08-30-2012, 01:09 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinmerida
fairly low? more like infant low. the game is too easy on all american, but varsity with sliders in your favor?

I guess to each his own.
I get sick of cheating Defenses with eyes in the back of their heads who can turn on a dime and run 25 yards before my WR can cover 10, snag the ball out of the air and return it for a TD, when my man was wide open.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:10 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehardknoxlife
I'd do it. I don't like playing with sliders though. If you're a good player I think default Heisman would suffice. What system?

PS3 I will set one up tonight after I get home from work and post here if enough interest is shown.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 01:41 PM   #6
Rookie

kevinmerida's Arena

I think your definition of wide open may be skewed. This is the easiet passing I have ever seen on a video game. You have to use combination routes against zone and take advantage of mismatches against man. Playing on all-american last season with SMU I threw for around 6000 yds and 70 tds. although I did throw about 25 ints but almost every single one was a misread on my part and trying to force it. you also have to mix it up with draws screens and other runs to keep the defense honest.

But I understand where you are coming from, Im not any good at running the ball on here and in real life I coach a middle school offense that runs the ball 90% of the time and is very successful each season lol
Old 08-30-2012, 01:54 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinmerida
I think your definition of wide open may be skewed. This is the easiet passing I have ever seen on a video game. You have to use combination routes against zone and take advantage of mismatches against man. Playing on all-american last season with SMU I threw for around 6000 yds and 70 tds. although I did throw about 25 ints but almost every single one was a misread on my part and trying to force it. you also have to mix it up with draws screens and other runs to keep the defense honest.

But I understand where you are coming from, Im not any good at running the ball on here and in real life I coach a middle school offense that runs the ball 90% of the time and is very successful each season lol
The past 3 years I have at one point been the #1 QB in RTG on the leaderboards. So I can play with the stock settings, but this year the pass D is so unrealistic its not even funny. Some passing lanes that were open (when set up properly) in each of the past years of NCAA are completely covered by a LB standing 15 yards away from where I am throwing, or a safety caught out of position turns and makes up ground for an int, when it should be a long pass.

Also something must be done about the pre-snap reads. There are only a handful of defensive formations that can be read pre-snap (cover 3 tight, cover 1, and Safety blitz).

At least with Varsity and the sliders I have been playing on, if the defense is out of position you can exploit that (like every team should be able to do) rather than let them get away with it because of some LB\CB\S with ESP, eyes in the back of their head, and who can jump 15 feet into the air.

Also on the other side of the coin Varsity does not have the problem of AA\Heisman where you can throw bombs all game due to a man\zone bug. In the case of throwing deep Varsity is actually harder than those 2.

By wide open I mean on the replay when the ball leaves my QBs hands the WR is running (90+spd\90+acc) in one direction with no one within 10 yards of him, the safety turns and closes, running 15 yards in the same amount of time my WR can run 10, to knock the ball away or intercept it. Same with a CB who bumps then plays the short zone, then somehow stops all momentum in moving to the left jumps 15 feet to the right to swat\pick a ball thrown 10 yards beyond him on a comeback or streak. These issues are not about throwing into coverage, but rather a broken coverage game in favor of the defense.

Last edited by stratospaly; 08-30-2012 at 02:01 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:33 PM   #8
Rookie

kevinmerida's Arena

I haven't saw those issues about supermen on defense so idk, ive played on AA since day one in my online dynasty with SMU using garrett gilbert and a plethora of solid recievers so maybe my personnel has helped. but you said 90 and 90 on spd an acl so IDK. Maybe your game is broken. Last year I had way more trouble passing than this year. But running was so easy last year i never had to pass so I didnt really try to become good at it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »