Home

NCAA 13 onsale for $29 - is it worth it?

This is a discussion on NCAA 13 onsale for $29 - is it worth it? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2012, 01:42 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 19
Re: NCAA 13 onsale for $29 - is it worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x
I paid $45 for it and don't regret it one bit.

I agree. $29 is an even better deal. NCAA 13 is not perfect. It may not turn out to be as good as Madden 13. But it is worth $29, no doubt. I have issues with the visuals, the presentation, and some aspects of gameplay (option, deep ball, special teams) but the rest of the game is good enough to make the game fun and reasonably challenging.

Old 09-02-2012, 01:55 PM   #18
MVP

DIESEL's Arena

OVR: 10

I really had no intention of getting this game but this is tempting.

The current trade in value for NCAA 13 on Amazon is $27. Seems like a low risk proposition if I end up not liking it. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:57 PM   #19
MVP

MrChainsaw's Arena

OVR: 11

Wow. I have never seen this game go on sale so early, let alone for half price. The NCAA devs must truly know they crapped the bed this year.

PSN: FREExBEER
Old 09-02-2012, 03:48 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Glad I came to this website today. Always can count on OS!

I intentionally waited to buy this game to see if it was going to suck, I've bought it on release night every year until this one because of how awful last year's game was. But today, due to my uncontrollable college football obsession that was renewed by opening weekend, I was considering going to buy this game at BB, but really didn't want to pay $60 for this game, seeing as how I have been unsatisfied with what is nothing short of a rip off at that price in years past. I'll pay 30 for it though. Makes me feel like I'm ripping them off! Even though that's not the case...

Old 09-02-2012, 04:09 PM   #21
Pro

Philstat's Arena

OVR: 5

hahahaha, glad it worked out for you - I bought Madden 13 for $34, yet to open it, deciding between it and NCAA. I only have time to play one of them - probably going to open Madden and call it a day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2012, 09:21 PM   #22
Pro

Bucksfan7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philstat
hahahaha, glad it worked out for you - I bought Madden 13 for $34, yet to open it, deciding between it and NCAA. I only have time to play one of them - probably going to open Madden and call it a day.
If you dont mind me asking. Where did you get madden for that price? I wanna let my wife know so she can get me an early christmas gift lol
Old 09-02-2012, 09:56 PM   #23
Pro

Philstat's Arena

As a Bestbuy Rewards member they had it for $59.00, if you pre-ordered you received $20 back in a reward certificate and then an additional $10 cash certificate back as well, bringing the price to $29.99, then obviously the taxes. This upcoming holiday season it will be on sale at Amazon and others for $29 or so.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:12 PM   #24
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUNoles2009
Saw this posted yesterday on SlickDeals. While I love NCAA , the freezing in the game has me hesitant to purchase even with its cheap price. It's a shame too since it seems the passing is greatly improved.

Maybe it's not as bad as I've been hearing ? People on this thread say it's worth this price maybe freezing is fixed?
I've had it since release day. Raptr says I've played 88 hours of the game and I've had one freeze during practice. Nothing with my Army dynasty. Nothing with my Maryland relegation dynasty.

I highly recommend it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »