Home

No Huddle "Glitch" Costs Guy the Game

This is a discussion on No Huddle "Glitch" Costs Guy the Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2012, 12:50 AM   #1
Pro

bruinkid626's Arena

OVR: 10
No Huddle "Glitch" Costs Guy the Game

I'm did not create this thread with the purpose of reporting a glitch I ran into, but to instead just share a story about an online ranked game I just played. I'm sure everyone is familiar with the no huddle receivers 'can't hear you' animation, and the workarounds to it.

Dude was Alabama and I was using Michigan for the heck of it. He gets the ball back with just under 2 minutes left in the 2nd quarter (Michigan 7, Alabama 3). He then orchestrated a beautiful 2 minute drill and made it down to my goal line with about 20 seconds left.

Here's where things get frustrating. He had two timeouts remaining and on 1st & goal, he decides to run it. I stop him, so now it's 2nd & goal. He calls timeout and runs it again. I stop him again. 3rd & goal, clock still running. He proceeds to use his last timeout. He runs it again, I stop him again.

So now he no huddles with the clock at just under 12 seconds. Of course he's going to try to pound the ball on 4th & inches, but his running back does the 'I can't hear you' animation (he's at home, btw). Basically the clock runs out on him and the half ends. He had a microphone and I could just hear him screaming all sorts of expletives at the top of his lungs, I just felt so bad.

I go on to win the game by a touchdown, but it just felt terrible. I know that EA apparently put this in so that people wouldn't cheese online, but what just happened to him totally sucked. Yeah, he could've probably reset the play, but I guess he didn't know.

I have the video of it, but I don't think I should share it for his sake. That's my story guys lol.

I am the danger.. I am the one who knocks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2012, 03:30 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: No Huddle "Glitch" Costs Guy the Game

Yeah I just saw this and did an experiment online while playing a guy and I can call a play and get the play off 2 seconds faster than running the no huddle. LOL. Isn't the no huddle just that a no huddle causing people to have to rush to get there defense set up. It just seems like the no huddle gives too much of an advantage to the defense and simply doesn't make since for a team like Oregon to run it. LOL that's a crazy funny story. Been there though. Its a little frustrating, but I have truly learned not to call no huddles at the end of the half or game. Thanks for the laugh though at someone elses expense. ROFL!
Old 09-03-2012, 04:13 AM   #3
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

I wouldn't feel bad. He shouldn't have ran it on 3rd down with no time outs left. True, the no-huddle thing stopped him from running another play, but he could have avoided that by passing on 3rd down.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:02 AM   #4
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16
I don't feel bad. His play calling was garbage. Also people need to do some research on what patches do.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-03-2012, 10:40 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Bad play call...and you can watch a game in real life with the same situation...3rd down no TOs end of a half..****n or pass play doesn't get them a first down, TD, or run out of bounds with 8-10 seconds left...most likely they don't get another play off. In EA Sports universe before the patch you could line up with an entirely new play in 4 seconds or less. That's way more unrealistic than a running back being confused.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2012, 11:55 AM   #6
Rookie

afurry91's Arena

OVR: 6

What bothers me with this is that in real life in college football teams are able to no huddle after a first down and spike the ball, only losing 1-2 seconds of clock time. Now when you do it you lose 5 to 6 seconds every time. It's completely unrealistic and makes this game that much more frustrating to play.
NHL: Minnesota Wild
NCAAF: Minnesota Gophers
NCAAB: Minnesota Gophers
Old 09-03-2012, 11:59 AM   #7
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Poor clock management, especially if he the knows of this so called no huddle "glitch". Because if you know about it, you have to be smart and plan around it.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 09-03-2012, 04:37 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Poor clock management, especially if he the knows of this so called no huddle "glitch". Because if you know about it, you have to be smart and plan around it.

That's really nice of you to not demand it from the company you just spent 68 bucks on a simulation football game. Work around it guys so what. LOL you homers kill me. How about talking about a no huddle being just that a no huddle. Teams run the no huddle to trick and work against any norms of a planned defensive attack. EA needs to put that back in no doubt. The real work around is setting up your defense faster by pushing the buttons faster, period.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »