Home

Is making a player taller cheating

This is a discussion on Is making a player taller cheating within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2012, 12:17 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is making a player taller cheating

We had a player in our dynasty that made his linebacker and receiver 7 feet tall. He keeps telling us that the height don't matter. He got 24 sacks in one game with his linebacker. Is there any advantage for doing this?? I don't know why they give you an option to do this anyways. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 12:49 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Is making a player taller cheating

Thats super cheating dude should be removed from the dynasty
Old 09-05-2012, 01:02 AM   #3
Rookie

jj06's Arena

um yea..

you guys are fools for letting him do it
Old 09-05-2012, 01:02 AM   #4
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Absolutely that's cheating. Height DOES impact the game, especially at LB and WR. A 7' WR would tower over defenders and if he has high jump ratings, even better. As for 24 sacks, it is pretty obvious that guy cheats. The sacks are unrelated to height, that is a pretty good sign of nanoblitzing. Kick him out.

All Users in an OD can edit Name/Number/Appearance/Equipment/Height/Weight of all players. The commish can do that plus edit ratings. Height DOES impact the game significantly, especially at LB/DB and WR/TE. It defeats the purpose of people recruiting taller/bigger guys if you've got people editing 5'9" guys to be 6'9". That is cheating, plain and simple.

Editing weight does NOT matter, 170 pounds, 320 pounds, no difference within the game. I do prefer to edit weight of my players, especially guys I've moved down or up a position. If a 6'4" 220 WR comes in and I move him to TE, I'll bulk him up 10 pounds his freshman year to 6'4" 230, 10 pounds his Sophomore year to 6'4" 240 and then let the natural CPU weight progression take over from there.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:08 AM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I don't understand why you even needed to ask that question.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 01:18 AM   #6
Rookie

Thanks for answering it guys. We called him out on it, and he got all pissy at us, and told us that we were whinning. He retired from the league. Thanks again!
Old 09-05-2012, 02:44 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

lol anyone who enjoys playing with 7 footers shouldn't be allowed in an OD regardless of actual impact.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:48 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsVoltron
We had a player in our dynasty that made his linebacker and receiver 7 feet tall. He keeps telling us that the height don't matter. He got 24 sacks in one game with his linebacker. Is there any advantage for doing this?? I don't know why they give you an option to do this anyways. Thanks!
If height doesn't matter then why did he do it? You guys were right to call him out. Good riddance to him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »