Home

Might as well get used to it and make the best of it

This is a discussion on Might as well get used to it and make the best of it within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2012, 10:43 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Might as well get used to it and make the best of it

There's a popular example of the fish market in Seattle where a crumby job is made fun by the people doing it. It's hard work, smells, and isn't paid well. But the people there choose to make it a good experience.

This isn't a thread to bash EA or make an excuse for them, it's just to offer my mindset into NCAA. I think it's pretty clear when you play all these games back to back to back they're very similar and the game engine has run its course... but don't expect that to change. EA can't make this game profitable by revamping its engine once for the 360/ps3 engine and then again for the new console. So for better or worse we're on this engine until the new xbox and ps comes out. The cold and harsh reality is no matter how angry and pissed off one might get with this game, complaining about the same things over and over aren't going to help you or the game.

Am I saying to shut up and enjoy the game? No. It's your right as a consumer to be angry and rightfully so you should be. Make gameplay improvement suggestions, offer feedback, but at the same time there's things you can do to make the game more challenging for yourself and enjoy your NCAA experience. Right now I'm on year 3 of my dynasty and having a blast because I've made the game what I want it to be. Is nerfing your own playbook or game style ideal? No, but the other option is to play madden and that game is too over polished and I don't like the NFL like I love college ball. So here are some things I've done to increase difficulty and make it genuinely difficult to play this game.

1) Decrease the Head CPU coaches agggressiveness on both sides of the ball drastically
2) If you're playing a team that uses the option as a playbook, change the playbook to something else before you play them. Georgia Tech and Navy will never beat you if you let them use their wishbone and flexbone all day
3) Don't change players on defence during the play
4) Don't go for it on 4th down on your side of the 50. Why? Cuz the CPU doesn't so you shouldn't either. (again I know that's silly logic but trying to keep it balanced)
5) Turn down tackling sliders to 0 for you and 20 or 30 for CPU, and adjust blocking lower for running. It creates exciting runs.
6) Do not adjust your in game strategy, ever. It gives you an unfair advantage. Dont jack up your interceptions, d line, anything. This also means, and most importantly, when you play a CPU scrambling QB you do not adjust for it or call the qb spy. The CPU doesn't have the capacity to adjust to your adjustment, so scrambling qb teams become easy wins. Fight the urge to adjust.
7) This one is the toughest because it's so severe. Edit your playbook and remove all streak plays so you don't take advantage of the deep ball glitch.

Just some food for thought on how to improve your game experience. EA needs to do us all a favour and be less sloppy, but that doesn't mean we can't make a fishy smelling game (at times) a better experience by choice.

Last edited by Scrollbar; 09-05-2012 at 08:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 05:05 PM   #2
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Might as well get used to it and make the best of it

I agree with everything except the tackling slider.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:23 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I agree with everything except the tackling slider.
What do you like to use as a tackle slider? With my tackling set lower runningbacks actually break tackles.. seems like if i have the tackling anywhere near 50 there's almost no broken tackles.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:37 PM   #4
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3

[quote=Scrollbar;2044117769] The CPU doesn't have the capacity to adjust to your adjustment,

Uhhh, I beg to differ. Instead of adjusting, it just decides that for the next 3 quarters, your starting RB is hurt....or your left tackle will completely forget how to block....or that every time you pass, it will be picked off if there's coverage OR and overthrow if he's open.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:11 AM   #5
Rookie

w00dy Hayezz's Arena

OVR: 4

The Infinity engine is confirmed to be in NCAA 14, so that should help.

PSN Username: Smoothzilla
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2012, 10:53 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00dy Hayezz
The Infinity engine is confirmed to be in NCAA 14, so that should help.
Not if they bring back super linebackers like there is in Madden this year. Ugh.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #7
Rookie

w00dy Hayezz's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm hoping they can fix that, key word is hoping.

PSN Username: Smoothzilla

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »